OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

PS4 with 6.72 / LeeFul's xPloit:

Installed Apollo Save tool and jumped into HDD Saves, saw ALL my game saves, and used BULK TRANSFER MGMT to Save To USB.

Reinitialised my PS4 / Quick Format as I wanted to clean my PS4 from too much FPKG garbage.

Reinstalled around 4 games that I was playing prior and thought I can just re-dump the Saves and continue on.

Opened Apollo after running HEN, and under USB Saves was blank, nothing?

Checked the USB in my Desktop, there is a Folder structure called PS4>APOLLO but it's empty.

Anyone know what happened please??

RobbieTheELK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Your saves must be in PS4/SAVEDATA.

Why didn’t you used native ps4 way to backup your saves?
I know when I went to Apollo HDD Saves, I saw the list of the saves, and clicked Bulk Mgmt and Saved to USB0 or whatever was connected.
On the actual USB drive, the Directory, PS4/Apollo is blank.

However, I downloaded PS4Xplorer and saw some saves under /Data/Apollo/Data.
I dont know if this is the Internal HDD but I recall the Initialisation wiped everything??

Anyway, I copied all these files to USB/PS4/Apollo and launched Apollo, still cant see them listed under USB.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 20220321_114047.jpg
    20220321_114047.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 141

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Apollo uses the save mounter method, and save mounter contains user ID in the folder name. You could ask bucanero on discord.

FLRIZDARKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I know when I went to Apollo HDD Saves, I saw the list of the saves, and clicked Bulk Mgmt and Saved to USB0 or whatever was connected.
On the actual USB drive, the Directory, PS4/Apollo is blank.

However, I downloaded PS4Xplorer and saw some saves under /Data/Apollo/Data.
I dont know if this is the Internal HDD but I recall the Initialisation wiped everything??

Anyway, I copied all these files to USB/PS4/Apollo and launched Apollo, still cant see them listed under USB.

What am I doing wrong?
The savepatches aren't saves, rather patches for some encrypted saves, similar to Save Wizard. If you initialized your PS4, your saves and data are gone. To keep it a lesson, first check your USB (also i noticed in Windows, files might be there but for some reason File Explorer doesn't show them - so try looking at the USB with PS4Xplorer) and also try to backup using the official save data management feature (like the retail consoles)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told bucanero about you needing help. he suggested you post an "issue" on github, since he's very busy. I could post it for you if you don't have a github account. I also mentioned that to him.

RobbieTheELK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The savepatches aren't saves, rather patches for some encrypted saves, similar to Save Wizard. If you initialized your PS4, your saves and data are gone. To keep it a lesson, first check your USB (also i noticed in Windows, files might be there but for some reason File Explorer doesn't show them - so try looking at the USB with PS4Xplorer) and also try to backup using the official save data management feature (like the retail consoles)
Lesson learnt..the hard way

RobbieTheELK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I told bucanero about you needing help. he suggested you post an "issue" on github, since he's very busy. I could post it for you if you don't have a github account. I also mentioned that to him.
Thanks man, please post for me as I have no access to Github.

One thing someone mentioned was I was supposed to have run PS4Debug prior, and I didn't, this could have been the fatal mistake

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a reply from bucanero (in that link too):

"hi, I checked the message. I think those saves are lost now, because the user already formatted the PS4. If saves were not copied to USB, now there's nothing we can do.

One possible explanation besides faulty/corrupt USB drive, could be that the user didn't had the latest Apollo version (v1.0.1) and used Apollo v1.0.0 that had a bug with bulk save management (#27 ).
It would be a very unfortunate coincidence, but I think it's possible."

RobbieTheELK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got a reply from bucanero (in that link too):

"hi, I checked the message. I think those saves are lost now, because the user already formatted the PS4. If saves were not copied to USB, now there's nothing we can do.

One possible explanation besides faulty/corrupt USB drive, could be that the user didn't had the latest Apollo version (v1.0.1) and used Apollo v1.0.0 that had a bug with bulk save management (#27 ).
It would be a very unfortunate coincidence, but I think it's possible."
Thank you for your help.
I just didn't run PS4Debug prior to Apollo, maybe that.
What tricked me was during the bulk save to USB, I saw the progress bars fill.

Sadly gotta grind another 30hrs on AC Valhalla and 20 hours in Miles Morales.
Anyway I can get a save injected with progress from someone else?

Reactions: godreborn

FLRIZDARKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you for your help.
I just didn't run PS4Debug prior to Apollo, maybe that.
What tricked me was during the bulk save to USB, I saw the progress bars fill.

Sadly gotta grind another 30hrs on AC Valhalla and 20 hours in Miles Morales.
Anyway I can get a save injected with progress from someone else?
you dont need ps4debug for apollo

Geesehoward79

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

zestiva

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi All,

PS4 with 6.72 / LeeFul's xPloit:

Installed Apollo Save tool and jumped into HDD Saves, saw ALL my game saves, and used BULK TRANSFER MGMT to Save To USB.

Reinitialised my PS4 / Quick Format as I wanted to clean my PS4 from too much FPKG garbage.

Reinstalled around 4 games that I was playing prior and thought I can just re-dump the Saves and continue on.

Opened Apollo after running HEN, and under USB Saves was blank, nothing?

Checked the USB in my Desktop, there is a Folder structure called PS4>APOLLO but it's empty.

Anyone know what happened please??
you must change hen to goldnen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT