Hacking PS4 6.72 update now or later message

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've updated to 6.72 and then i ran HEN from a esp8266... then I installed games and then installed HB store and ps4xplorer...then connected my lan and didnt use DNS servers (totally wasn't thinking) so now it says update now or later every time i launch games or apps...any way to remove that?

*edit*
Has anyone played around with files: "last_updatecheck_on_mainsoc.json" & "appdb.json" found in "/user/system/update/eap"

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

White_Raven_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it looks like if i do a hard reset and disconnect the power and then turn it back on the update message goes away...until i connect to the internet again, even though im using the DNS servers from Ali. very strange.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this happen before when I wasn't completely offline. now, I never see it happen. I don't know what's causing it, but an update hasn't been downloaded when it says that, even if it seems like it has. but yeah, a hard reset is the way to get rid of it. even a normal reset may be enough (can't recall). you may be able to delete the update as well (if one is ever downloaded). I'm thiningk it was firmware 4.50 or a little later that allows you to delete updates in the notifications' section. other than that, it may be possible to delete the update manually. all the update blocker does is create a dummy file(s) (think it's 2 or 3 files) in the update directory to block an update from downloading. it's a very simple way of avoiding it, but I suggest turning off the internet after caching the exploit (unless you mess with ftp a lot). if you do, I'm not sure if esp allows this, but a wireless dongle like the sandisk connect will be perfectly safe with the internet always on.

Reactions: White_Raven_X

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this happen before when I wasn't completely offline. now, I never see it happen. I don't know what's causing it, but an update hasn't been downloaded when it says that, even if it seems like it has. but yeah, a hard reset is the way to get rid of it. even a normal reset may be enough (can't recall). you may be able to delete the update as well (if one is ever downloaded). I'm thiningk it was firmware 4.50 or a little later that allows you to delete updates in the notifications' section. other than that, it may be possible to delete the update manually. all the update blocker does is create a dummy file(s) (think it's 2 or 3 files) in the update directory to block an update from downloading. it's a very simple way of avoiding it, but I suggest turning off the internet after caching the exploit (unless you mess with ftp a lot). if you do, I'm not sure if esp allows this, but a wireless dongle like the sandisk connect will be perfectly safe with the internet always on.
I’ve never seen these wireless dongle. How can it be utilized with a PS4 jb? I might consider buying one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve never seen these wireless dongle. How can it be utilized with a PS4 jb? I might consider buying one.

it's good if you want to be completely offline or maybe even if you use ftp a lot. it really depends, considering you can cache exploits. I wasn't going to take any risks, which is why I bought the connect.

Reactions: laz305

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's good if you want to be completely offline or maybe even if you use ftp a lot. it really depends, considering you can cache exploits. I wasn't going to take any risks, which is why I bought the connect.
Ok but how does it work? What do you put on the dongle? Those self host folders? And where does the dongle plug into?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only insert the dongle into a usb drive to charge it (it's wifi only unplugged). it takes less than an hour to charge back to full. when it's in wifi mode, you connect your ps4 to the ip address of the dongle or actually a location on the dongle (i.e. index.html) like you would for self-hosting. if you want to ftp, connect your computer to that same ssid. you can access say the connect's homepage by entering the main ip into the address bar; from there, you can add a password or change the ssid name. I did that, but the range isn't really long enough beyond 15 ft or so, so it's pointless.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is what it looks like accessing the wifi on computer:

upload_2020-10-21_22-36-29.png

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only insert the dongle into a usb drive to charge it (it's wifi only unplugged). it takes less than an hour to charge back to full. when it's in wifi mode, you connect your ps4 to the ip address of the dongle or actually a location on the dongle (i.e. index.html) like you would for self-hosting. if you want to ftp, connect your computer to that same ssid. you can access say the connect's homepage by entering the main ip into the address bar; from there, you can add a password or change the ssid name. I did that, but the range isn't really long enough beyond 15 ft or so, so it's pointless.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is what it looks like accessing the wifi on computer:

View attachment 230407
Interesting. Thanks for the info, yeah this looks like I could use one of these. Curious, how about a WD Wireless Passport? Can that be used like this as well? If so how?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a wireless dongle, yes. you may have to look up how to access the dongle (i.e. ip address). the address above is what all sandisk connects use as an ip.

White_Raven_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. Thanks for the info, yeah this looks like I could use one of these. Curious, how about a WD Wireless Passport? Can that be used like this as well? If so how?
Here's some really good info /tutorial that I used for my ESP8266. You can pick one up from amazon for cheap. It doesn't have an internal battery so you just need to plug it into any USB port on anything close only for power. It acts as a wifi router but never goes online.

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-mod-tools-esp8266-esp32-devices-guide-by-moddedwarfare.6005/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over