Hardware PS3's HDMI blown out

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
During a thunderstorm, a thunder struck near my house and it destroyed my TV's HDMI ports and sadly it also took my PS3's HDMI input thingy. I was wondering whether it was possible to use HDMI without necessarily using the HDMI cables as they can no longer be read by my PS3.

Component cables work though

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During a thunderstorm, a thunder struck near my house and it destroyed my TV's HDMI ports and sadly it also took my PS3's HDMI input thingy. I was wondering whether it was possible to use HDMI without necessarily using the HDMI cables as they can no longer be read by my PS3.

Component cables work though
Get one of those component to hdmi converters. It's kind of like the converters for a computer to use vga as dvi, and dvi as hdmi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is what you need. http://m.ebay.com/itm/261818563607?...17&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Will getting a component to HDMI allow me to be able to play in HDMI quality? The AV Components on my PS3 work, but I've tried resetting the PS3 (holding the power button) and it skips this and it just turns off afterwards. I've also tried enabling HDMI through the video settings on PS3 and that also doesn't seem to work.
ALSO
It takes 1-2 minutes to turn on the system and the system makes a weird little noise after the system turns on.

Last edited by Duckling, , Reason: needed to add a little more info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.