Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had both systems at one point. People complain about Xbox LIVE, but I find the 60$ to be worth it. I think it tops PSN in so many ways whether it be Early access to demos, marketplace DLC etc. Also I find the interface and ability to connect with friends easier.

People complain about the Red Ring, but seriously it takes all of a a week- 2 weeks to get it back. It's not that big of a hassle IMO considering if it does happen it'll most likely only be once.

I do like that the PS3 has Blu-Ray though. I dislike that you have to install most games. While the HDD's are bigger, I still don't like having to wait for the game to install, I've seen some take 20 minutes- an hour. Not what I want to wait for after I've opened the game.

As for the exclusives, I prefer Sony's although I do like L4D, Mass Effect, and Gears of War, not to mention a few others (I hate Halo).

Is there anyway you could share the 360 at your house already? and just make a gamertag ect?
If so, Get a PS3.

If not definitely get a 360, since you said your friends have one ect.

Is your internet Wired or wireless?
*Microsoft charges out the ass for an adapter* So if you get a 360 having it wired would save some cash

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 pros:

-Free wifi
-Exclusives fitting my preferences
-Demon's Souls
-No region locks. Playing Tales of Vesperia in JP, since it's never coming to NA.

Cons:

-Can't pirate.
-A lot of multiplats look slightly worse in comparasion, not that I mind anyway.
-My previous PStripple died of the blu-ray laser dying. But the chance of it dying is SLIM anyway.
-Sony is an asshole company.

I don't play FPS, so 360 has nothing to offer except a very small number of games. (That are exclusives anyway) PC has Ass Defect, L4D, Gears, and so on. There's just Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, and a few.

Conor

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at your pros and cons I'd say go with the ps3.
Price: well if a refurbished ps3 is 250 and a standard xbox with a years live is also 250 then ps3 wins, come next year you'll save 50 bucks.
Exclusives: Ps3 exclusives seem to appeal to you more. plus a lot of great titles from 60 are also available on ps3. Also there are great psn titles: Flower, critter crunch, shatter, ratchet and clank etc.
Online: PSN is free, and you'll generally find the people you play online to be more civilised than the average xbox player. Xbox live cost 50 bucks a year, though you say you have more friends on live. Then again they seem to be more FPS-orientied than you are so Ps3 still has victory here.
Dude you brother has an xbox: Unless you and your brother hate each other/ are very possessive you could probably agree to some sharing system. You'd have nothing to loose other access to your ps3 when playing xbox but that's hardly an issue.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Best thing to do buddy is do what I did, buy all 3 next gen consoles then you dont have to worry about anything. Happy Birthday!!!

HotSauce23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
only ONE things should really affect the choice made..

IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE CONSOLES ARE! YOU GET WHATEVER YOU'RE FRIENDS HAVE!

like damn peeps..all my friends have a ps3..that's why i have one! (ok actually i was the first of all my friends to get it lol)

all you're supposed to do is to just jump on the bandwagon so you can all party up in a mp game and annoy people!

UNLESS you're a loner..then ..just make a random choice..honestly it's personal preference lol

OR like reece71079 said..just get em all LOL solves the problem

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PS3 is pretty nice. A few things that I see that set the two apart is:
- Blu-Ray Player
- Free Online
- Built in Wi-Fi
- Some good exclusives [for me... Uncharted, Rachet and Clank... That's it.]

I hear the PS3 is going to be charged for online... Not sure if that is true or not.

I own a Jasper console btw. It's lasted me ever since I bought it [late 09', around november]. Only thing that bothers me is that it is pretty loud or the noise it makes stands out for some reason. I was playing MW2 online and my dad was like, "the DVD Drive is as loud as the one in the computer when it is burning discs!" . i agreed though... it was pretty noisy.

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both, and both are good.

The Xbox definately has a slightly better online service, i've found it to be faster, more reliable and also easier to communicate on. You do have to pay for it (which is no big deal, it's the same price as a game, and if a game lasted me 12 months i'd be pretty pleased), it does suck that it's fifty quid (that's British £) for the wireless adapter, so if you intend to play wirelessly you have to add that (frankly ridiculous) cost on top (Microsoft are bastards, so it won't work with any dongle). They also have the rather annoying microsoft points, which they sell in groups of 2100, so you'll always have wasted points (like at the carnival when they sell tickets for rides in groups of five, but every ride costs two tickets), the PSN just uses money.

Games wise the Xbox does multiplats slightly better (generally) but the exclusives are much better on the PS3. MUCH better- Demon's Souls, GOW 3 and Uncharted 2 are just superb. They both have some good stuff to download- the Xbox has Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and that Dishwasher Ninja game. PSN has Super Stardust HD, Flower, and some other rather awesome titles.

PS3 is better as a media centre, purely because of it's simpler interface, and the fact that it is Blu-ray.

Peripheral wise the PS3 you don't have to buy a rechargable battery pack, which is both good and bad. You have to pay for batteries or the pack, but it's handy to be able to change them if you are playing at a friends house. Also, no headset provided with the console, and the chat system kinda sucks in comparison to the Xbox.

I like both consoles, so you should probably make up your own mind. I will say this though. Demon's Souls is EPIC.

pokesteven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had both but personally I just cant get into PS3 because of the controller, I find the xbox one a lot more comfy and just enjoy it a lot more. Also, I really enjoy the two triggers with two buttons on the back instead of just four buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?