Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BAHIM Z 360 said:
Hmm mybe this would be hackable?
ph34r.gif

doubt very much the one we have now is still not hacked!

Even if it was WHO the hell is going to DOWNLOAD 50gb blu-ray images then go buy an extortionately blu-ray burner and extortionately priced blu-ray blanks that cost as much as a pre owned top title for just 1 disk!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cablephish said:
Maz7006 said:
.......who needs slim.

i like them big
smileipb2.png

lol, what Maz said. If it isn't gonna be capable of anything new, I'm satisfied with my current PS3. Not like I'm concerned with shelf space to that extent.

"Oh no, I can put the PS3 here, but then I can't put the DVD player here! What'm I gonna do!"

kobykaan said:
Cablephish said:
"Oh no, I can put the PS3 here, but then I can't put the DVD player here! What'm I gonna do!"

I get what you mean but for those that don't the PS3 is a MEDIA CENTRE in its own right you don't need anything else with music cd/dvd/blu-ray/xvid/mp4/mp3 etc etc formats and capable of using USB MEM STICKS/SD CARD (not all models have SD card readers) / USB EXTERNAL HD's as well as streaming media to it from a PC
smile.gif

So the dimensions of the actual console is irrelevant ...my view is as it is now its more ROBUST and less likely to suffer any physical damage!
Basically what i meant, just couldn't be bothered to explain....i am more than satisfied with what i have, and if this has less 'stuff' on it then f' it. Plus i only got my PS3 recently.... so yeah :/
QUOTE(kobykaan @ Aug 13 2009, 04:04 PM)
Even if it was WHO the hell is going to DOWNLOAD 50gb blu-ray images then go buy an extortionately blu-ray burner and extortionately priced blu-ray blanks that cost as much as a pre owned top title for just 1 disk!

well apparently the dumps that i ive seen on various places on the inerwebs are less than 7 GB, so basically they can fit on either a DL or a normal standard DVD-R

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally speaking, I thought the reason for hardware revisons is to make them cheaper to produce. Smaller components = less materials and less labor to produce them. MS and sony generally lose money on the consoles for a few years untill they can perfect the manufacture. Then after they make their money we see a price drop.

but anyway, Lets hope for a cheaper model that has backwards compatiblity...I might actaully buy one! lol

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
OMFG said:
Why do sony always end up making slim versions of their stuff?

because many customers couldn't handle the big ones
smileipb2.png

Or because they realized that making things sound slimmer makes them look better. You notice how it seems modern technology is more about small size and appearence than actual content?

Also because the price was in need of a dire cut, or else they'd get a continued ass whooping from Microsoft and Nintendo.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
I SO hope this is real

Slimmer design + Price Cut + Backwards compatability = win - win for me!

ricky23i

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZenZero said:
I SO hope this is real

Slimmer design + Price Cut + Backwards compatability = win - win for me!
i was hoping that i got my ps3 ready to be sold so i could get the slim ps3, just crossing my fingers. 299$$$$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls