Hacking Ps3 Slim Help?

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello gbatemp,
Sorry If this has been posted many times. I have a ps3 slim (150GB) CECH-2501A OFW 4.46 I'm not sure what firmware it came with since I got it used. I was wondering if I can do any of these things i listed. At least one?
-Play Ps3 Backups
-Downgrade
-Jailbreak
-Install CFW
-Run Emulators
-Play PS2/1 and PSP games.
Sorry If any of this was repetitive I'm very new to this .

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean 160GB, since there are no 150GB PS3's.

1: You'll need to downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 and install CFW. The only way to downgrade is via hardware flashers, there are no USB or software downgraders available. You're stuck with either using hardware or none at all.
2-4: Your PS3 should be ok to downgrade based on this chart, but to be sure you should run Minverchk before you consider downgrading just to be positive. If it is downgradeable to 3.55, you can install CFW and run emulators.
5: PS1 and PSP games, yes. PS2 games, sort of. IIRC, there are some compatibility issues with some games.

Red9419

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume you mean 160GB, since there are no 150GB PS3's.

1: You'll need to downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 and install CFW. The only way to downgrade is via hardware flashers, there are no USB or software downgraders available. You're stuck with either using hardware or none at all.
2-4: Your PS3 should be ok to downgrade based on this chart, but to be sure you should run Minverchk before you consider downgrading just to be positive. If it is downgradeable to 3.55, you can install CFW and run emulators.
5: PS1 and PSP games, yes. PS2 games, sort of. IIRC, there are some compatibility issues with some games.
Thanks for replying quickly. I was looking at some e3 flashers but there expensive and I read it can only downgrade to 3.35 from OFW 3.5.X not sure if just outdated. What is a good and cheap hardware flasher ? And would i also need to downgrade to play the psp/ps1/2 games?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't play PSP/PS1/PS2 games (unless they're the PS3 classics or whatever they're called from PSN) without downgrading. And if you're inexperienced with this sort of thing, I highly recommend paying someone to downgrade for you. There are eBay services out there (that's what I used) and I believe some members of this site offer the service as well. When dealing with the innards of devices, there are so many ways to screw up, so you might wanna leave that to someone who has experience doing so.

Reactions: Red9419

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You only have 3 choices when it comes to downgrading NOR PS3's, and that's either the Teensy, Progskeet, or the E3 flasher. You can check this tutorial on PS3hax.net, if you want to see how difficult flashing may be: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=39766

Alternatively, you can always send your PS3 to someone from PS3hax who will downgrade it for a fee: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=53127

And you'll need CFW to play PSP/PS1/PS2 games, so you will need to downgrade.

EDIT: :ph34r:'d

Reactions: Red9419

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Mario