ps3 PS3Xploit flash fail

spiderman12345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so I tried to jailbreak friends ps3. Follows all the steps in the tutorial. When we want to the

xpolit.ca to flash it it want from flashing back to the dashboard and froze. Tried to turn it on just want to red again. Any ideas we do have the backup file that was created but is there anyway to do it without the eflasher?​

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I tried to jailbreak friends ps3. Follows all the steps in the tutorial. When we want to the

xpolit.ca to flash it it want from flashing back to the dashboard and froze. Tried to turn it on just want to red again. Any ideas we do have the backup file that was created but is there anyway to do it without the eflasher?​

Try safe mode, if that fails you will need a hardware flasher and use the official site ps3xploit.com

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can't get to the xmb, it's doubtful it can be fixed without a flasher. if you have a backup of the flash, you can check it for errors. littlebalup has a python script that will detect errors.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you need assistance with it, littlebalup is on psx place, just tag his name and he'll probably ask you send the flash dump to him via pm. he may be able to fix it if something is indeed wrong with it or tell you if it's okay to flash it back after running his script.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always fix failed flashes with 3.55 downgrade hardware method. Simply dump, verify dump, patch, flash. This usually always works because the process fixes the bad corrupt parts of the nor/nand.

Last edited by HollowGrams,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been pretty lucky. I haven't had any issues like that with my three ps3s, but I haven't use ps3xploit either. I haven't had to, and I didn't want to use hen with my superslim. that was going to be a legit system until I had issues with my account that sony couldn't figure out.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either