PS3 "Phat" firmware 3.41

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Pokepicker, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Pokepicker
    OP

Pokepicker GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2015
    Norway
    Hello

After doing all I can do to my N3DS, I came to think of the old PS3 laying in my closet.
    I remember my PS3 quit reading physical discs, and so I jailbroke it with some piece of software and my old iPhone 3G. At the time I did not do much else then shove it in the closet after completion.

I see it has a FTP client (blackb0x FTP 1.2) installed. I have yet to try installing any other software then that. And I am afraid to connect it to the great internet before consulting the good people of GBAtemp.
    I don't know if it is relevant, but I guess it was either PSGroove, or PSFreedom that was used when I hacked the PS3.

I'm way "out of the loop" when it comes to the PS3 world. Is there a way to set up a emuNAND like with the 3DS? Am I good to go the way I have it now? (FW: 3.41). I'm guessing some games might require a newer FW version. How does one go ahead with updating the console safely?
    Googling "ps3 jailbreak" seems to give a bunch of results regarding PS3 slim, and PS3 super slim. So this made me skeptical of downloading any other "hacks".

TL;DR
    What can I do to get my älready hacked(?) PS3 on 3.41 ready for homebrew life?

Edit: I see now there is also an app called Backup Manager installed. It doesn't seem to do much then crash and give me an error 80029519. I'm guessing this is normal as there probably aren't any files to start.

Edit2: I updated my PS3 to 3.55 OFW. Then I installed Rebug 4.78.2CFW. Seems to be working like a charm.

Last edited by Pokepicker, Apr 27, 2016
  2. iQue

iQue GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    I would recommend you install multiMan (for your backup needs, it also includes FTP) and reActPSN (if you install any package type games).