Gaming PS3 or XBOX 360

alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Im planning on buying a new gaming console.
Im not sure of which one though.
I kinda want the PS3 because most of my friends have that...
BUT..
I wanna base it on real facts!
What do you guys reccomend.
Can either be hacked/ play backups or something?
Other things to go off of?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Now is a good time to get a ps3 since the ones in the stores are hackacle still.
But they both have pros and cons and pretty much the same games.
Online play is free on ps3 but better on xbox360 but irrelevant if youre gonna hack.

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to choose for ps3 cuz it has slightly better graphics than the xbox360. By the way the controller looks better and is easier to use cuz your thumb doesn't need to that long.
nayps3.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really matter nowadays - every console is essentially the same, with exception to the Wii.

Most good titles are on both systems (although from what I hear, most run with less bugs on the 360), both can be hacked (with a bit of $, anyway), and yeah. Only real difference is that the 360 charges for online, not that it matters if you're going to hack either of them.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
real fact huh ?

you mentioned one major thing - your friends, so just go with that

you can share games with them and play online with them are 2 pluses for having friends with same console - this is what decides which console you get

i personally have both, i can think of just the same amount of +'s for each one and -'s respectively.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stylow said:
You need to choose for ps3 cuz it has slightly better graphics than the xbox360. By the way the controller looks better and is easier to use cuz your thumb doesn't need to that long.
nayps3.gif

lolololol

QUOTE(Stevetry @ Nov 25 2010, 08:27 AM) ps3= NO GAMES
That argument probably worked 3 years ago, but not anymore. There are plenty of good games on the PS3.

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Go for ps3 and play with your friends. PS3 is also VERY easy to JB (without losing your warranty). No need to burn your backup game on DL disc anymore!
Except if you really love to play Forza Motor Sport 3 than GT5, then buy 360 or 360 S (LT+ for slim will out before Xmas)
nayps3.gif

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have to agree with Stevetry. (Is there a quick way to reply on this website?
tongue.gif
)
I love Nintendo and the first non-nintendo console I have is the Xbox. Much nicer than ps3 and much better games and gameplay. And no, graphics of ps3 aren't better.
By the way, I don't know if anyone noticed but CoD black ops on the Xbox has support to play 3d on 3d screens. Neat right?

sergejaden

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want to play with PS move than buy ps3.
If you want to play with Kinect than buy XBOX 360.

If you don't want to play and get the RROD than buy a ps3.
If you don't want to playn and get the Y-load or something like this get a xbox 360.

How you can see both consoles have their bugs. Buy nothing from them. Buy a computer with a good CPU and a good graphik and you will be happy.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
A jailbroken PS3 can't play the newest games... yet. Something to take into consideration. Xbox360 already has a kick ass library and new games get (scene) released for Xbox360 first.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to hack them, find yourself an older 360 that is Jtaggable. In my opinion it's the best option available. You get emulators (more for 360 than the PS3 at the moment), launch games from external or internal HDD with 100% compatability (new or old), free XBLA, and free DLC. A jailbroken PS3 cannont make the same claims. Also, if you apply the 30ms ping limit removal patch, you can play system link over the internet with Xlink Kia, Leaf, or other such services.

alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so far Im leaning toward PS3.
Just to get things straight, you cant play online on a hacked one?

Well thats not much of an issue, hacking it was an option.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would not bother with jtagged 360 as the consoles that are around will be xenon's or falcon's which probably as already had a RROD. there are jaspers out there but you will not know how they have been treated. for a 360 the best bet is a slim, soon the drive's will be modded and there failure rate is good.

ps3's are ok but if you want to mod you only have the jailbreak dongle option, and at the moment the firmware updates are killing that dead in the water. so all the new games you will not be able to play them. plus the silm's have a bad failure rate compared to the phat models.

my opinion is a slim 360. just for the record i have both consoles and lucky enough to own a jtag jasper that i bought brand new and modded.......................................................sudeki300

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sergejaden said:
If you want to play with PS move than buy ps3.
If you want to play with Kinect than buy XBOX 360.

If you don't want to play and get the RROD than buy a ps3.
If you don't want to playn and get the Y-load or something like this get a xbox 360.

How you can see both consoles have their bugs. Buy nothing from them. Buy a computer with a good CPU and a good graphik and you will be happy.

Yeah, because PCs are invincible and don't suffer from issues like dying motherboards, corrupt hard drives, BSODs, etc.

alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sudeki300 said:
i would not bother with jtagged 360 as the consoles that are around will be xenon's or falcon's which probably as already had a RROD. there are jaspers out there but you will not know how they have been treated. for a 360 the best bet is a slim, soon the drive's will be modded and there failure rate is good.

ps3's are ok but if you want to mod you only have the jailbreak dongle option, and at the moment the firmware updates are killing that dead in the water. so all the new games you will not be able to play them. plus the silm's have a bad failure rate compared to the phat models.

my opinion is a slim 360. just for the record i have both consoles and lucky enough to own a jtag jasper that i bought brand new and modded.......................................................sudeki300

Yeah the PS3 I might get is a nearly new phat version my uncle has taken the utmost care of...
seriously, he like pampers the thing daily.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox 360: I don't enjoy paying 60 dollars for a yearly service that uses p2p. Games like Fable III (Coming to PC), Halo Reach (Fun with friends. I wouldn't play online), Forza (I don't play racing games, but it looked nice), Gears of War (Space marines in space. I'd rather have Vanquish. Don't need multiplayer) It certainly does have a larger amount of better multiplat games, but not every multiplat is superior. There is the Japanese shmups and I would love to have'em. It's just that I wouldn't bother spend like 90 bucks to import them though.

Xbox Live is goddamn bullshit. It's not the fact that I can or can't afford it, because I easily can. It's just that the idea of paying for a service that's not significantly (If any at all) better than its competitors is retarded, and those other services give it to you for free. And for what really. To get "faster DLC"? That isn't always the case either. A playable character DLC for Blazblue is STILL not released on xbox live after 2 whole months. Don't give me that "It's better than it's competitors" because I don't notice any difference in performance.

PS3: It has pretty cool games. Free online, though it has less features than the 360, I don't really think it's that big of a deal. PSN works great without the problems some people tend to have, and don't have ads everywhere. There's fun games like Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, upcoming The Last Guardian, Yakuza 3, and Rachet and Clank games. The interface is a bit bland for my tastes, but then again, xbox live's is even worse.

True winner: A PC. Free online, crazy cheap games from steam, able to emulate every handheld and console except 360, and PS3. Even then, it gets most of the games the 360 has, making the xbox pretty much obsolete. Large community and slightly more intelligent userbase in general. Then, there's hundreds of mods for a whole lot of games, like the fallout mods, Oblivion mods, and a whole bunch more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse