test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Aura, Uncharted is mixture of Tomb Raider plus more shooting.
its nothing genuine, but its not a bad mixture of other successful games.
(dont like it myself but my friend enjoyed it and finished it)

I persoanally would suggest waiting more about PS3/360.
my reaon is that until the release of MGS4 and FF XIII'es two things will happen: first is if anything worth happened for PS3 will be shown up for those big games and second is that the prices of PS3 will be the lowest possible to increase buyers of PS3 and also for 360, the new falcon motherboard will be out and tested.

just a test suggestion.

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Resistance looks real good. Any other good FPS's?

Like I said earlier, UT3, COD4, The Orange Box, F.E.A.R. Sorry I don't know many FPS since i don't play them too much.

OK thanks Ze. Appreciate your help. PS3 is gonna be mine!
evil.gif

Uh, laterz, anyways.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, i think both consoles have their good and bad points. The reason why i bought a 360 was because it can be modded.
wink.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PS3. the 360 wont be able to keep up with the software updates of sony.

Sorry can you explain, i dont understand this argument.
blink.gif
im pretty sure he means sony updates faster so u get more things at a faster pace

Considering the 360 update for Divx playback came out first, and the fact that the 360 can play MP3's while you are playing a game I fail to see how Sony are providing more options at a faster pace.

If anything Sony has been playing catch-up with regards to OS features.

Anyway in the end they are both about the same in features at the moment except for the MP3's in game on 360.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

blink.gif

im pretty sure he means sony updates faster so u get more things at a faster pace

Considering the 360 update for Divx playback came out first, and the fact that the 360 can play MP3's while you are playing a game I fail to see how Sony are providing more options at a faster pace.

Anyway in the end they are both about the same in features at the moment except for the MP3's in game on 360.
Lol didnt even now i could play mp3's while playing a game.
tongue.gif

Have to find out how this works.

jszelei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ps3 has built in wifi so you dont need to go buy the $120 adapter if you choose xbox and also its free online. Another perk is that it does play full hd movies right out of the box and upscales your standard dvds to 1080 with the online update. Games wise there is a couple good titles, more and more are coming the months ahead (killzone 2, haze, metal gear solid 4) but currently uncharted, warhawk, ratchet and clank, unreal tournament and cod 4 seem to be the most popular.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

blink.gif

The 360 has been able to play MP3's and DivX first because M$ had a lot more time to work and play with it to find out how to do it. Catch-up? No, Not really. The 360 needs to at least get an internet browser. The DS, a $130 handheld has it, Why can't the Xbox 360 get it? Software, Sony is behind, but it's letting out updates a lot faster than Microsoft. In Hardware, Sony pwns MS too.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 360 has been able to play MP3's and DivX first because M$ had a lot more time to work and play with it to find out how to do it. Catch-up? No, Not really. The 360 needs to at least get an internet browser. The DS, a $130 handheld has it, Why can't the Xbox 360 get it? Software, Sony is behind, but it's letting out updates a lot faster than Microsoft. In Hardware, Sony pwns MS too.
Graphical: 360 is a little bit better then PS3 (videos prove it!)
Processing power: PS3 is quite a bit better then the 360.

And for the Internet browser part, i dont care, i wouldnt use it anyways.
And Microsoft having more time? Wel you cant realy use that against them, they were smart to release the 360 a year before the PS3, so they have an advantage on that point, but you cant blame them for having more free time, Sony could have had more time to develop new technologies to if they had released the PS3 earlier.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd take ps3.
actually i already got ps3. : DD no real reasons why. just better hardware, better games(atleast 2008 lineup looks awesome), linux. dunno. xbox isn't just my thing.

QUOTE said:
uncharted was pretty impressive imo. dunno if there's any xbox360 game that matches it. and then again it isn't even using near of all the power of the ps3, but whatever.
but i agree that multiplatform games are mostly better looking on box except cod4.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

And for the Internet browser part, i dont care, i wouldnt use it anyways.

And Microsoft having more time? Wel you cant realy use that against them, they were smart to release the 360 a year before the PS3, so they have an advantage on that point, but you cant blame them for having more free time, Sony could have had more time to develop new technologies to if they had released the PS3 earlier.

Doesn't mean other people wouldn't, to continue on with the rest of your (painful to read) post I can use it against them. Sony was smart and decided to wait. If they had released the PS3 in '05 it wouldn't be complete, and probably would have shortings. In Reality the PS3 did sell better than the 360 did during both of their first years. With the PS3 being a lot more expensive.

Italics, 360's Graphics card is better somewhat, In Textures PS3 kills the 360's GPU. CPU, Your right, PS3 totally owns the 360 there.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
True I forgot about the PS3's internet browser.

Only reason I forgot about it is that I never use the thing on my PS3, same goes for my Wii, never used that either.

Never really saw the point of browsing on a console, just my opinion.

Still my point from my post stands, BortzANATOR claims that the 360 won't be able to keep up with software updates from Sony. I disagree stating that they are already ahead in some areas now and there is no signs that Sony are suddenly going to go miles ahead with their operating software features.

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Only reason I forgot about it is that I never use the thing on my PS3, same goes for my Wii, never used that either.

Still my point from my post stands, BortzANATOR claims that the 360 won't be able to keep up with software updates from Sony. I disagree stating that they are already ahead in some areas now and there is no signs that Sony are suddenly going to go miles ahead with their operating software features.

True, I'd just go on my computer for browsing. Sony is better now, but will it better in like a year? But you gotta admit, Sony has some nice stuff. PS3, damn. PSP, that's one sexy piece of machinery. But for the PS3, how long dies it take to load a game? Like, I played Assassin's Creed at a store, took quite a while to load.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A web browser is useless on a console in my opinion. Thats what my computer is for. Maybe in 5 years.....or as Sony explains it, 10 years, the PS3 might be on top. But hell, the NEXT-next-gen systems will be out by then and no one will even care. But for right NOW, the system to get is 360. For the TOTAL package, slap on a Wii too.

I love my 360 damn, but it hurts me everytime I think about how Nintendo and Sony were kind enough to give their users FREE ONLINE GAMING and BUILT IN WIFI. That shit pisses me off so much that I think about defecting to the PS3.....it bothers me just that much.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love my 360 damn, but it hurts me everytime I think about how Nintendo and Sony were kind enough to give their users FREE ONLINE GAMING and BUILT IN WIFI. That shit pisses me off so much that I think about defecting to the PS3.....it bothers me just that much.
You gotta realize, M$ is trying to change the business model to "pay per use" instead of "pay to own it."

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

True, I'd just go on my computer for browsing. Sony is better now, but will it better in like a year? But you gotta admit, Sony has some nice stuff. PS3, damn. PSP, that's one sexy piece of machinery. But for the PS3, how long dies it take to load a game? Like, I played Assassin's Creed at a store, took quite a while to load.
It doesn't take long to load assasin's creed on my ps3. Actually i was impressed how fast ps3 loads games compared to ps2. It also could be that my ps2 is too old and the laser dying so it takes some time. of course it depends on the game, but overall what i've seen, there's no massive load times.
Then again i tried forza 2 demo on xbox360 in store, it loaded like 3-6 minutes. Maybe it was just because it was a demo, who knows.

But i agree with you guys that web browser is pretty useless in console, but it's good to be there. For exmaple if your pc dies suddenly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson