ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So do you just download it and replace the firmware with iXtreme?

Basically yeah, but it's not that simple... You'll need to open the 360 ( which is ridiculously difficult without this Internet kit thing apparently. ), Get the tool to flash the drive, etc... It takes quite a lot of work, but it's better than a modchip in the end.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you have the newest iXtreme fw you have to use stealth backups which are 1 to 1 backups. Now, there are other firmwares with which you can use downloaded games but with those you won't be able to use LIVE.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you like good games get xbox360.

If you like waiting for good games get PS3
happy.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If you like good games get xbox360.

If you like waiting for good games get PS3Â
happy.gif

Considering the PS3 currently has Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, R&CF:ToD, Folklore, UT3, Uncharted. I'd say it has plenty of games ATM with a lot more to come. But hey, it's your choice. Get what you want
happy.gif

Woops how could I forget R:FoM.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm totally new to the console modding thing; so I basically know nothing.Â
frown.gif

Yeah they are fairly large and can be a pain to download from the web.

I highly suggest getting a Samsung DVD-ROM drive modded with Kreon firmware for your PC, you can then hire the games or borrow them from friends and rip them directly to your PC, no downloading required.
cool.gif

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
frown.gif

I highly suggest getting a Samsung DVD-ROM drive modded with Kreon firmware for your PC, you can then hire the games or borrow them from friends and rip them directly to your PC, no downloading required.
cool.gif

And that can be compatible with any mod, like iXtreme?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
frown.gif

cool.gif

And that can be compatible with any mod, like iXtreme?

Yeah.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Said most of it really...

QUOTE(sekhu @ Nov 29 2007, 02:58 AM)

PS3 is a solid, secure entertainment system with modern features but is lacking in good games. It's online features are free. Games cannot be pirated on the PS3, yet.

360 is a poorly designed console that causes RRODs, but has the best library of games on any next gen system. It's online features require a subscription. Games can be pirated on it.

Multi platform games, on average, perform better on the 360 than they do on the PS3. This is down to lazy developers, rather than the PS3 being inferior hardware.

In future I expect PS3 games to improve and perform better. It's library of games shall also improve as more developers release their games on the machine.

Right now the machine to buy is the 360. Give the PS3 one to two years, and then I expect it will be a must buy system.

My thoughts,

Then again, I wouldn't touch a 360, check the Japanese engineers report on the hardware. Very bad design which will fail eventually. It has a high failure rate and everyone sold is faulty. I would go with a PS3. Like I say, your choice. I agree the 360 has the best library of games at the moment though.

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, that's perfect, I'm going to get my console in September, cuz right now there is a 'budget' problem, so I'm going to go with the PS3, by which that time should be hot on the market. Awesome.
smile.gif
Any good games right now?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, that's perfect, I'm going to get my console in September, cuz right now there is a 'budget' problem, so I'm going to go with the PS3, by which that time should be hot on the market. Awesome.Â
smile.gif

Resistance: Fall of Man
COD4
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destructions
Warhawk
Motorstorm ( Don't knock it till you try it. )
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Assassin's Creed
Unreal Tournament 3
Heavenly Sword

Are all great games... There are more too but there are the only ones I remember by head.

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, that's perfect, I'm going to get my console in September, cuz right now there is a 'budget' problem, so I'm going to go with the PS3, by which that time should be hot on the market. Awesome.Â
smile.gif

Resistance: Fall of Man
COD4
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destructions
Warhawk
Motorstorm ( Don't knock it till you try it. )
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Assassin's Creed
Unreal Tournament 3
Heavenly Sword

Are all great games... There are more too but there are the only ones I remember by head.

Isn't Assassin's Creed really repetitive? And never heard of Drake's Fortune; what genre is that? And are there any good racing games on the PS3 like the GT series and can be fun with a wheel?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just started playing Resistance at the weekend, I must say from the 4-5 levels I've played so far it is very mediocre, I was kind of expecting a bit more but it's fairly boring so far.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I just started playing Resistance at the weekend, I must say from the 4-5 levels I've played so far it is very mediocre, I was kind of expecting a bit more but it's fairly boring so far.

It's a launch game. Remember that. For a launch title it really is great. Compared to now it's pretty meh. I still like it a bit better than COD4 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk