PS3 Noob Question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by anthony001, Aug 19, 2012.

Aug 19, 2012

PS3 Noob Question by anthony001 at 3:11 PM (485 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. anthony001
    OP

Member anthony001 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Hi Guys,

Help me decide if I should go for a cfw ps3 or an ofw ps3.

Im gonna be downloading PSN game that will be released on the PS3. are all PSN titles playable on cfw? can PSN titles be modded or hacked to play on cfw? whats the use of more internal storage? Im gonna be creating a JPN account is that possible? is there any tutorial on this? If I use ofw is there like a wth loader like in psp for homebrew apps?

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    you have to pick

PSN OR CFW
    Till a fix is found to use that lets cfw use the PSN

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    You can't connect to PSN with a custom firmware, but sometime, there are new tools to achieve this. Sony patch his servers to block these flaw, until another one is found.
    That's for the "connection", aka playing online.

But without playing online, custom firmware and hacks allow you to install and run PSN games you downloaded manually (links to games are publicly available to download from a computer directly from the PSN servers).

You have different ways to do it, but I'm not expert in PSN games. I never installed/played them. I just know you can find PSN patched games which works on 3.55 cfw.

There's a custom Firmware called ReBug, which contains a fake/forged PSN license.
    It allowed the use a of Homebrew "RePSN" which generate specific game's license to match the one on your console.

RePSN works also on non "ReBug" custom firmware, but it require that you already connect to PSN once (which is not possible on old firmware anymore).

I recommend Kmeaw or ReBug custom Firmware.
    If you want PSN games (nut no PSN online play), go with ReBug cfw.

There's also a way to play recent games (4.0+) from original game discs, but keeping homebrew.
    not recommended
    If it's your first try in a console hack, you should consider only simple cfw installation, not going to debug mode.