Hardware PS3 Laggy?

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a PS3 the other day one of the new slim models with even more removed things. Which doesn't really bother me I can deal without a network activity light and disc light. But the whole experience especially while playing games seems laggy. Did they possibly cheap out on the hard drive and it's incredibly slow? Idk but when playing on my friends PS3 it was not like this. Any ideas why this might be?

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
some games are poorly programmed i guess, but it is rare.. i noticed only bad framerate in Bayonneta so far
maybe you have a defective unit? what games are you playing?

Coombs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might be a bad instalation of the firmware, mine used to freeze everytime i downloaded demos. What I did was start in recovery mode, and reinstall the current firmware. you can search how to start in recovery mode. After having the firmware reinstalled, the problem was gone! if this not work, you might want to buy a new hard drive...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One of the Borderlands DLCs have made my PS3 lag very badly, but that was apparently due to a large amount of drops at the same time. Otherwise haven't had problems.

-Qtis

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the original ps3 and I notice lag on certain games while the disc is being read, which causes my home menu to lag when I press the ps button. Any non-disc content doesn't lag for me at all. Try getting a new unit if all games are laggy.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's the hard drive I took it out and it looks like a pretty crappy hard drive. It's a Fujitsu green recycled drive. Which I'm all for going green and saving the planet, but I'd like for it to work well at the same time >.>

Eventually I plan to buy a more trusted hard drive like a Seagate or Western Digital prolly a 7200RPM to help reduce the lag even further.

qaz00

ORG 0x0
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sjones900 said:
It's a Fujitsu green recycled drive.

Fujitsu haven't made hard disks for 4 years. All PS3 Slim units I have seen have Toshiba hard disks.

Are you sure someone hasn't swapped the hard disk before you bought it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's almost 2PM here lol 3.5 hours until my next date 🥰