OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Argumentum ad ignorantiam and Argumentum ad numerum again? You are logically incorrect in your claims.
"It's true because you can't disprove it" and "it's true because most people say it's true" are not correct arguments.

If it exists, show me proof. You are claiming it exists. So simply download the executables which you claim contain copywritten code (check the first post), and dive into them. Find the code, and show it to me.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Argumentum ad ignorantiam and Argumentum ad numerum again? You are logically incorrect in your claims.
"It's true because you can't disprove it" and "it's true because most people say it's true" are not correct arguments.

If it exists, show me proof. You are claiming it exists. So simply download the executables which you claim contain copywritten code (check the first post), and dive into them. Find the code, and show it to me.

Ok I'm just going to stop the argument here because you're clearly just going to keep looping because you have nothing else to say.

The only thing I have to say here is that you're being ignorant thinking you need no proof whatsoever, I see that many a time on internet arguments. People like you like to argue that they need no proof whatsoever and the other person must be the one to generate all of the proof and make their full argument.

Also you're still focusing on that one weak point of my original argument. Grasping at straws.

EDIT: You also seem to be forgetting that in my original post that it could also go either way, it just depends on your standpoint of things.

Truly anything could be considered illegal if you have a dumb enough jury and a good enough lawyer.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
So if you were to take the compiled binary an convert it directly to an integer, the number would be illegal?

Like this image that technically contains the psgroove payload.
http://rydian.deviantart.com/art/Psgroove-Payload-178342738

There's boundaries when it comes to copyright stuff. A compiled binary is no longer the original source code. I will believe that a compiled program from the SDK is illegal when it is proven to be illegal, I will not accept half-assed theories.

I will only accept proof.
By this logic, it is perfectly legal to redistribute a ripped DVD if you convert the format of the video. Simply converting the form of something does not change its legality. Its the actual content that is illegal, regardless of the form it is in. I I were to steal a plank of wood, and chop it up and make it into a bench, it'd still be stolen wood. So the bench would be "illegal". Same concept here if you ask me. Now I am not a legal expert, nor do I claim to be, but you are about the only person I have seen arguing that it is legal. Almost everyone else seems to agree its illegal and either stays away from it, or doesn't care.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit can I be any clearer about this?

THIS ASSUMES THAT COPYRIGHTED STUFF GOES INTO THE EXECUTEABLES.

I SAY THAT IS FALSE.

IF YOU SAY IT IS TRUE, FUCKING FIND IT.

THE EXECUTEABLES AND THE TOOLS TO OPEN THEM ARE IN THE FIRST POST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I am getting trolled pretty damn hard here...

antisniperspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if im way off base but in Xbox 360 homebrew you have to use and offical xbox 360 sdk to compile your code, which is illegal. If it is the same way for the ps3 then I would think the same rules would apply.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian, you're being an ass about this. Not everyone may have the same opinion as you, in fact most have the exact opposite on this matter.

Most people are aware that if it is compiled by the SDK, then it will be illegal unless you are licensed to use that SDK. If it's compiled with the SDK, it will more than likely contain libraries which are copyrighted.

I know from the XBOX 360 many sites will host homebrew but not if they are compiled using the XDK http://www.xbox-scene.com/xdk.php

Microsoft haven't kicked up much of a fuss, but Sony are being very aggressive (like you!). I wouldn't be surprised if Sony went after sites hosting homebrew compiled using the SDK.

Go take a cold shower.

antisniperspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
tk_saturn said:
If it's compiled bt the SDK, it will contain libraries which are copyrighted.
Prove it.

Show it to me.

I bet sony will prove it to you
smile.gif
j/k
When coding in the xbox 360 sdk. You have to use there code just to initialize the program to start in the main function. Not sure about ps3 sdk but alot of the 360 librarys must be used to even get your code to compile.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Why do I have to do that? you haven't proved they don't. You are in the minority, it's upto you to prove it doesn't.
Holy fucking shit.

Rydian said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Plus you have no proof that it isn't illegal."Argumentum ad ignorantiam"

That's not how shit works!

Alfred - "I think you killed that dog."
Barney - "I didn't kill it."

Now, there's two ways to prove it. Either prove that it did happen (meaning show facts), or prove that it didn't happen (show a LACK of facts).

Option A - Alfred shows a video of Barney killing the dog.
Option B - Barney shows a video recording of his entire life, and the video does not show him killing the dog. Meanwhile, half the people involved die of old age.

Which makes more sense?

Option A.

If you SAY that something (is true / exists), you must PROVE that it (is true / exists).

Do people go to court with only circumstantial evidence of a murder?

No, they GET SOME FUCKING PROOF.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Sep 28 2010, 11:14 PM)

PLEASE.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

READ THE TEXT I AM TYPING FOR YOU AND CLICK THE FUCKING LINKS I AM POSTING.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
antisniperspy said:
I bet sony will prove it to you
smile.gif
j/k
When coding in the xbox 360 sdk. You have to use there code just to initialize the program to start in the main function. Not sure about ps3 sdk but alot of the 360 librarys must be used to even get your code to compile.
You know there was this guy born in Arizona who murdered somebody.

So if this other guy is from Arizona he must be a murderer, too...?

No.

In order to prove that he murdered somebody, I MUST PROVE THAT HE MURDERED THEM.

Christ I don't see how this is so hard for you people to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."?