Feedback Ps3 Help and Advise

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So today i got a ps3 from ebay but ylod + 40gb not 60 (as adverticed) so im about to send it back

now im on a hunt for a new backwardscompatible ps3 i could get a checha from japan and now my question is are there any reasons not to buy a japanese ps3 when youre normaly a pal owner?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no reason not to. you can probably change the language if that's a problem for you. I know you can with the ps4 at least, since I own a Japanese ps4. the warning when you turn on the system is still in Japanese, but everything else is in English. it's probably when you go through initial setup.

Reactions: rantex92

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Circle and X are reversed if that bother you but you can switch it around once you hack it if it bug you.
the ps4 has this option in settings, but it was only added with I think 5.50. since I'm on 5.05, confirm is still reversed (like Nintendo), and the games ate the opposite of that, so it's confusing for sure. haha

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ps4 has this option in settings, but it was only added with I think 5.50. since I'm on 5.05, confirm is still reversed (like Nintendo), and the games ate the opposite of that, so it's confusing for sure. haha

In Japan Circle symbolize Ok, confirmation etc, and X symbolize no or deny, depend where the region of the system was from, ain't your PS4 from Japan too?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, my ps4 is from Japan. I think it's that way since Nintendo uses the same layout. I don't know why Sony changed confirm, but Microsoft has done the same thing, and to add more confusion, Microsoft swapped A and B and X and Y, so A is confirm, just like Nintendo, but where cross would be.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In Japan Circle symbolize Ok, confirmation etc, and X symbolize no or deny, depend where the region of the system was from, ain't your PS4 from Japan too?
yeah same thing here in germany circle would be ok and cross for no/wrong

yes, my ps4 is from Japan. I think it's that way since Nintendo uses the same layout. I don't know why Sony changed confirm, but Microsoft has done the same thing, and to add more confusion, Microsoft swapped A and B and X and Y, so A is confirm, just like Nintendo, but where cross would be.
thank you god as always youre the man ♥

Reactions: godreborn

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
didn't know that about Germany (thought it was only Japan), but damn does that get confusing.
could you give me a short crashcours about the shortcomings of using a superslim or slim instead of a fat? (cfw and backwardscompatibility is obvious)

i ask because im a lil bit confused i read that a cfw can do more than HEN (i think it was about ripping blu rays via ps3)

another thing would be how is the compatibility to play ps1 and ps2 i know only fat have actual hardware but ive read that a slim/super slim could that too via webman

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not all games work on non bc units, but most do with a config file. all phats are likely to ylod at some point unless you delid or replace the tokins iirc. delidding is very dangerous if you've never done it before. I've never done it myself. slims and superslims run cooler (especially superslims as I can't even hear the fan in mine, even when I'm right next to it, and it runs perfectly fine for hours). up to 2500 can run cfw, but not all 2500 can run cfw though. that's a specific slim. you'd need to use minverchk to see if it can downgrade to 3.56 or lower. I have a 2500 with cfw installed actually. ;) hen can do almost the same stuff as cfw, but you can't do anything that requires reencrypting system files. I've never used hen, so aside from that, I don't really know what other limitations it has. you do have to rerun it at every boot, unlike cfw which is coldboot.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not all games work on non bc units, but most do with a config file. all phats are likely to ylod at some point unless you delid or replace the tokins iirc. delidding is very dangerous if you've never done it before. I've never done it myself. slims and superslims run cooler (especially superslims as I can't even hear the fan in mine, even when I'm right next to it, and it runs perfectly fine for hours). up to 2500 can run cfw, but not all 2500 can run cfw though. that's a specific slim. you'd need to use minverchk to see if it can downgrade to 3.56 or lower. I have a 2500 with cfw installed actually. ;) hen can do almost the same stuff as cfw, but you can't do anything that requires reencrypting system files. I've never used hen, so aside from that, I don't really know what other limitations it has. you do have to rerun it at every boot, unlike cfw which is coldboot.
yeah i know about the nek tokins and ylod (you could probably put an APS-231 powersupply wich runs cooler and draws less + 19 bladed gen 1 oem fan in a fat and exchange the thermal greasy with kryonaut to combat ylod but yeah they all will ylod soon or later)

btw i found a strange offer ps3 slim ultimate? backwardscompatible with some moded blue lights ,fan and emulators/dosbox already on board?! never heard of that model but now im courious so this model would be already cfw´d/HEN?

Last edited by rantex92,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up