trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No. What you need is either optical to RCA DAC or HDMI audio stripper. PS3 doesn't support USB audio out.

My recommendation is Fiio D03K and hook optical cable to it. Sounds better than that crap adapter you listed anyway. Make sure to configure PS3 to output 2.0 PCM only on optical cable.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No. What you need is either optical to RCA DAC or HDMI audio stripper. PS3 doesn't support USB audio out.

My recommendation is Fiio D03K and hook optical cable to it. Sounds better than that crap adapter you listed anyway. Make sure to configure PS3 to output 2.0 PCM only on optical cable.
But, does it come with a CUP PAD? :P

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP

I dont have a scooby what you just said !!

I wanna use a headset on the wiiu and the ps3 ...

so the wiiu has 3.5mm jack that combines mic and audio out.

the PS3 USB doesnt support this ?

If i reverse my scenario ... could i get a headset for the PS3 .. ie a usb one .. and get an adaptor in reverse of what i depicted earlier .. ????

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah.., you want microphone too. Scratch Fiio D03K then.

The USB adapter you listed before is just a generic USB DAC/ADC, expecting to work on PC.

USB headset you seen on PS3 uses proprietary protocol. You need a headset that explicitly supports PS3. For Wii U USB headset supports is on per title basis, meaning for most game it doesn't work. There is no reverse adapter for USB headset.

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Sicklyboy

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You could just buy a Sony Pulse Elite Headset, use it wirelessly on your ps3 and use the included 3.5mm cable to connect it to the gamepad, I heard it works great.

I had one that I just sold to get the GTAV model...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up