KnifeCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,
So I recently got a PS3 Phat system with just the system and no hard drive, just the system without hard drive and a power cord. The rest was fine, I got everything needed and now I want to install a CFW on it. I picked up Rebug 4.82.2 because apparently it was the best one..? Anyway. I put in the hard drive and boot it up with a flash drive containing the Rebug PS3UPDAT.PUP on it, formatted to FAT32. It says to connect the PS3 controller via USB and press the PS button. Did it. Now it says that there was no software found on the hard drive.
DUHHHHHH!!!
So now I did the thing with the thing (press START and SELECT) and now it goes to the "Checking. Please wait." screen.
30 seconds passes by (EDIT: It's probably at least a minute), and the suspense continues......................................
............to freeze.

So now, the PS3 is frozen on the "Checking. Please wait." screen, I say "Literally" because the moving clock thing on the top of the screen freezes and there are artifacts on the screen (Uhhhh?)
Anyone can help me? Tried formatting to FAT32, using OFW that it was asking, I just can't find the fix that it wants!
FYI I am using a Lexar 32GB hard drive.

Last edited by KnifeCat,

KnifeCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright nevermind. I fixed it.........
Stupidly.
No. Really.
Laugh if you want.
I swapped the USB controller wire and the flash drive together. Now it works.

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A