Hacking Ps3 freezes on cfw

zekro94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So here's the story: My friend bought a ps3 with cfw, had 4.60 rogero with 2 games: Gta 5 and Sniper elite.Thing is, he installed Fifa 2018 and didn't work because it needed 4.80.So I installed Rebug 4.82 cfw, Fifa worked but then the other 2 didn't (they just froze the ps3) so I tried to install webman mod, had cobra activated but even then it didn't work, even fifa stopped working.Didn't know what to do so I installed Ferrox cfw, even then using multiman any game froze, now sometimes even the XMB freezes.Don't know what to do anymore, thinking of formatting the HDD and have a clean install.Any help would be appreciated

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either it's overheating or there's an issue with the drive. What model PS3 is it? If it's a slim its most likely the hard drive. If it's a fat model what temp does the CPU/RSX tend to run at? If it runs above 70 it's possibly a heating issue....

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the story: My friend bought a ps3 with cfw, had 4.60 rogero with 2 games: Gta 5 and Sniper elite.Thing is, he installed Fifa 2018 and didn't work because it needed 4.80.So I installed Rebug 4.82 cfw, Fifa worked but then the other 2 didn't (they just froze the ps3) so I tried to install webman mod, had cobra activated but even then it didn't work, even fifa stopped working.Didn't know what to do so I installed Ferrox cfw, even then using multiman any game froze, now sometimes even the XMB freezes.Don't know what to do anymore, thinking of formatting the HDD and have a clean install.Any help would be appreciated

Try Rebug.. :)Dont liked Ferrox and Rogero.

zekro94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Either it's overheating or there's an issue with the drive. What model PS3 is it? If it's a slim its most likely the hard drive. If it's a fat model what temp does the CPU/RSX tend to run at? If it runs above 70 it's possibly a heating issue....
Thanks, the model is a slim one, had min ver of 2.70 from what I've seen using webman mod. Maybe formatting the HDD won't do much if it's faulty or going to die right? Also the temp is normal, not even getting to 70

Try Rebug.. :)Dont liked Ferrox and Rogero.
Already installed rebug twice, it's indeed a good cfw, it now has 4.81 rebug

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'd recommend attempting a format. If it doesn't help try a new drive. If it still continues to have issues it's likely a much more complicated fix.

zekro94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's an update: Formatted the HDD, ps3 still freezes.Didn't try yet to change the HDD but maybe thats the problem

zekro94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really a scam since we tried it at the guys house, we saw that it had no problems, but we only tried it for like 5 minutes.Thing is, after he bought it the 2 games it had ran well, after that he tried fifa 2018 wich kept asking for 4.80 ( he had 4.60 rogero cfw) so I updated his ps3 from rogero to rebug 4.81, fifa ran and he played it a little, the next day he tells me that the 2 games that were already installed froze everytime hey tried to play, even fifa didn't play anymore

Edit:Changed the HDD, installed cfw buuuuuuuut it still freezes, sometimes even in the xmb or in multiman.I don't know what to anymore

Last edited by zekro94,

berat

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello guys,

I exactly have the same problem with zekro94. I have no problems with my Original games and PSN games. But the games i downloaded and installed on my own makes problem.

Reactions: Panzer_Baboon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.