Gaming PS3 Firmware v3.55 Released

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe the additional menus are available only if a PSN account has already been registered in that console ?

Yes, that's the payload I'm using, For Ipod video.
I don't think the problem is the payload.
Go to you setting/system menu/menu information/ and check the reported firmware number. If it's 3.50 then the payload have nothing to do with this problem.

I guess you are part of the few people who can't connect to PSN with an older firmware (we just don't know why).

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well that sucks....sure would have been nice to play online....btw, you come off as one of those paranoid people, you dont want to sign any term of agreement, dont want to download random files to your pc to get logan tool to work...thanks for the help anyway

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edit :
If PL3 is not working, you can try Hermes_PSN_fix for rockbox : http://psx-scene.com/forums/f178/release-r...3/index136.html

Well, not paranoid about my personal data, but because they read all the launched GamedID, connected devices ID, etc. and I don't know if/when/why Sony will start banning.
Maybe later we will have a way to prevent sony to detect that data, and play backup safely. That's just in case of future scene progress. (And because I don't need PSN access for the moment, I only have 1 online game, which I suck at anyway
tongue.gif
)

And about my personal data, it's more about the DNS trick (a remote proxy can see/log all transfered data).

I would also prefer using my main firmware (Eur. 85), instead of a spoof Japanese one (Jp. 83) to register to PSN.
I don't know if registering with a Japanese spoof makes a Japanese account
tongue.gif
(I didn't check that behavior yet).

If we can jailbreak 3.41+ and still connect to PSN, I'll certainly register at that time.
Or maybe if I find the Hermes sources, I can recompile the rockbox firmware to use the correct region/motherboard/spoof3.55.

Edit :
And for Logan, it's not only downloading a file, the problem is that It's registering a winsock .dll at windows startup, sorry to be paranoid about installing unknown drivers to my system (plus, I already have winsock 2.0, I don't know why I needed a new one, nor if the new one will be compatible with my OS version. I guess there are a lot of .dll versions.
What if the downloaded file is 2.0 ? do I need 3.0 ? another one ? Which version ? Random download and install is not my thing, sorry.
I just prefer to be sure the downloaded file is really what it says it is. I'll install in to a VMware image first, VMware prevented me from installing viruses and malware many times
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I forgot you had a Sansa.

I compiled some Hermes payload for Sansa + PSN access, but they don't have Spoof3.50.
I don't know if they will still work (I'll try them when I'll be home).
If I remember well, these payloadd spoofed the model to use model82 (debug).
http://www.mediafire.com/?9bu49ndu7zok5

Edit :

I tried another Proxy (PS3 Prox 3.5), and I had the same message "connection time out" when creating a PSN account.
I decided to switch my connexion type and dropped Ethernet. I'm now using Wifi, and it's working !

my connexion :
Ethernet : PS3 -> Ethernet Router -> PC as Proxy -> back to Ethernet router -> Internet . The connection pass through the router before the proxy. I guess the router is bad !
Wifi : PS3 -> PC as Wifi Access Point, proxy on the PC -> Router -> Internet

I can now access PSN with 3.41 (even not spoofed 3.50
biggrin.gif
)
But I don't understand, I can't browse the PS Store without the "DNS trick+spoof3.50".

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh. It seems that all methods of getting on PSN with official 3.50 firmware have been blocked. I just got a DC Universe key I want to use but I don't want to downgrade to 3.41 in case I lose Blu Ray playback, and don't want to upgrade to 3.55 because then I'll never get to jailbreak. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Have any other methods of getting online with OFW 3.50 been discovered yet?

EDIT: Whoops, didn't even notice you mentioned PS3 Prox in the above post. I'll give that a shot.

EDIT #2: Didn't work. Fuck.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I created a PSN account on my computer.
Then on PS3 I said "use an existing account", set my email and password and now ....It says "There's a new version available".

If I want to browse PS Store again, I have to put my connection details, I can't browse PS Store without identifying ! ahaha
bye bye PS Store !
Instead of "register to PSN" I have now "Connect".

It worked fine as long as I never try to log to a PSN account.
That's why user with an existing PSN account never succeeded to connect to PS Store while I could.

I'm now the same as most users.

I now have the "full" connection test screen.
IP, internet, PSN, uPnP, NAT, etc.
It's failing at PSN.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well browsing the store is useless to me, i want to be able to play games online with my buddies while im JB, ps3 scene needs a DarkAleX, hermes and waninkoko and such are paving the way nicely, but something is just missing...

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm reading correctly, there no way to access the PSN store on 3.41/3.50 now? Wanted to buy the upcoming Tetris...it's a shame that they block off the portion of PSN that lets you BUY things from. (but I guess they blocked the entire PSN now anyway?)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy, it's as if sony really wants to keep from not getting my money.

Only reason I use PSN is so that I can download demos for games I should keep a lookout for and other stuff like that. But since they want to make it so you can't even do that or sync your trophies unless you accept an update, then screw 'em. I'll just get my stuff on 360, Wii, or pc instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land