Hacking Ps3 disable cfw to log onto psn and later re-enable?

mosher66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im getting a ps3 and I was wondering if you can still go online after installing it? I wouldnt be planning on using any illegally "acquired" games or any homebrew/mods/cheats/hacks while online I would be playing legitimate discs so im wondering would it be possible to disable the CFW then go on psn then re-enable it when im not connected to the internet?
Also do ps3 slim, super slim and phat use the same cfw or are there different version for all 3?
Thanks in advance

D

Deleted User

Same CFW for all 3.

Running any CFW on PS3 and accessing PSN will eventually get you banned, regardless if you're playing from a retail disc. There's spoofs and stealth apps for doing so, but by having CFW, it's grounds for permaban on PSN. There's no real way to disable CFW, only way is to flash retail firmware, which would update you and make you unable to install CFW.

Basically, once you install CFW on your PS3, you can access PSN, but the risk of being banned is always present (CFW is easily detectable)

Also depending on your PS3 model, you may not be able to install CFW.

Reactions: mosher66

mosher66

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same CFW for all 3.

Running any CFW on PS3 and accessing PSN will eventually get you banned, regardless if you're playing from a retail disc. There's spoofs and stealth apps for doing so, but by having CFW, it's grounds for permaban on PSN. There's no real way to disable CFW, only way is to flash retail firmware, which would update you and make you unable to install CFW.

Basically, once you install CFW on your PS3, you can access PSN, but the risk of being banned is always present (CFW is easily detectable)

Also depending on your PS3 model, you may not be able to install CFW.
Ok thanks for that reponse :) and thanks for the fast timing too xD I was hoping it was in some way similar to the psp cfw :L looks like no cfw for me untill my fav game servers die xD

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just don't risk it, if you buy a lot of digital like i do never sign into psn with cfw, it's just not worth it, i sold my cfw because of this problem, got a lot to loose if i ever got banned.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's only one reasonable way to have both CFW and PSN access and that's Dualboot. Play your legally purchased games on OFW and your backups and homebrew on CFW, switching between two firmwares. Pretty sure E3Flasher offers this kind of functionality, but there might be cheaper solutions.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E3Flasher offers this kind of functionality, but there might be cheaper solutions.

I'm pretty sure the only way is via E3 Flasher with the dual hard drives installed one with latest OFW the other with the CFW of you choice. It gets pretty pricey I believe somewhere between $80 to $100 plus shipping. To OP I would advise to stay far away from PSN unless you want to buy more Console ID's in the future.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A ps3 isn't expensive today. --- It's a wonderful machine that enables you to alot of stuff. Specially if you got two of them.
One for gaming offline and try out titles you heard about and wanna learn more.
Second for gaming online with friends and enjoy the whole social activity togather, more is often fun. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap +1