Hacking Ps3 diagnostic opinion

brightlight54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a slim on 4.86 HFW with Hen. It was a 300GB model and I recently acquired a crap ton of pkgs and isos that I want ready to go mostly off the internal HDD.

So I buy a brand new internal Seagate Barracuda 1TB, swap the drives out and reinstall OFW 4.86 followed again by HFW 4.86 and then Hen. After that all I installed was multiman and webman mod, nothing else. I then started to transfer pkgs to devhdd0/packages via a 250GB ntfs external hdd by enabling prs drives with multiman in standard cfw mode after which I intend to install the pkgs from the package installer on the XMB home menu.

My problem occurred when I tried to transfer about 200GB of pkgs all at once, turned my TV to watch some Netflix while I waited and while periodically checking on the transfer i noticed it froze and would not start back up again. I noticed my hdd I was using to transfer stopped blinking indicating it was no longer reading/writing. I waited about 20 minutes to see if it would start again once I got the MM screen saver to go away but no luck so I pushed the power button on my PS3 and it shut off seemingly normal.

When I turn it back on the start up is super slow to get to XMB and then lags a bit more once it loads. I started doing some research and learned that webman mod does a content scan at startup that takes priority over other startup processes. I made sure the "turn off scan for content at startup" was checked in webmans settings and overall startup seemed to improve by a couple of minutes.

So opinions...is it still possible my roughly 250GB of packages in devhdd0 (uninstalled, they're sitting there waiting to be installed) is still slowing my system down or did my one time of turning off the system while it seemed frozen break my brand new hdd and it's now showing signs of failure?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="brightlight54, post: 9156421, member: 518247"
So opinions...is it still possible my roughly 250GB of packages in devhdd0 (uninstalled, they're sitting there waiting to be installed) is still slowing my system down or did my one time of turning off the system while it seemed frozen break my brand new hdd and it's now showing signs of failure?[/QUOTE]

No. Transfering files has nothing to do with your problems.I would double check the HDD is inserted properly. You can also pop the 300gb back in, it will work. You can try to rebuild database in recovery mode(I don<t really know what this does but heh you got anything to lose?).

brightlight54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="brightlight54, post: 9156421, member: 518247"
So opinions...is it still possible my roughly 250GB of packages in devhdd0 (uninstalled, they're sitting there waiting to be installed) is still slowing my system down or did my one time of turning off the system while it seemed frozen break my brand new hdd and it's now showing signs of failure?

No. Transfering files has nothing to do with your problems.I would double check the HDD is inserted properly. You can also pop the 300gb back in, it will work. You can try to rebuild database in recovery mode(I don<t really know what this does but heh you got anything to lose?).[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll try running off the old HDD again. Just gotta reformat to PS3 because I already formatted to NTFS for archival purposes using my dual HDD bay. I also did some more research and apparently there may some webman options to speed things up like allocating it max memory. I may also uninstall multiman completely and use managunz and see if that helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: