Hacking PS3 controller wont connect to PS3 anymore wirelessly?

claptrap_612

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask/post but I need some help.

So I have a CFW PS3 and I've been using my new controller for a few days and it was fine. But a few days ago my controller would NOT connect anymore? Everytime I press the PS button it just keeps blinking and never gets connected. I also tried using the wired USB cable and plugged it, pressing the PS button and it too did not connect. (it was just blinking still) I tried other controllers too but they didn't connect either. Except for my other wired USB PS3 controller, which worked fine? Also before anyone says, yes I did press the reset button on the back of the controller and it did nothing.

Is this an issue with maybe the CFW? The console? Or maybe multiman or webman mod? I'm running evilnat 4.87 cfw if anyone is wondering. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Anyone? Please? I dont know if I should buy a new controller or not?!?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try to connect it with USB while you're in safe mode, maybe it'll work

It may also be just a software issue on the PS3 side, you can try to reinstall your cfw, it's hard to guess what's wrong here

claptrap_612

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I went into recovery mode and it had the message of please connect the USB cable to the controller and press the PS button and it still didn't do anything. Not even my wired controller did anything either? (Weird?) So I shut it down and put the PS3UPDATE.PUP update on a USB and installed through the XMB. It also didnt fix the problem. Should I just install official Sony Firmware? Should I format the whole thing? I'm so confused and honestly dont know what I should do? Do you think there is a problem physically with the motherboard? I dont know what to do? I'm running out of ideas on how to fix it??

claptrap_612

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes my wifi works and connects to the internet no problem. Do you think the bluetooth is broken on it? Or do you think the controllers are broken? I got my friends controller and tried connecting it to the ps3 and it does the same thing but now his controller wont work now on his ps3? Does it have some kind of virus that's "killing" the controllers? I honestly have no idea what's going on? It doesn't make any sense??

claptrap_612

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please? Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I dont know if I should go get my console repaired or get new controllers or what to do? ☹

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please? Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I dont know if I should go get my console repaired or get new controllers or what to do? ☹
The first thing you should do is try to connect a ps4 or ps5 controller if you don't have another ps3 controller. You can use a wired keyboard to use the SMB.

Last edited by Magsor,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, you usually get a boot loop or an update failure if you try updating with damaged bluetooth. it sounds like that's the problem. did you install no-bt firmware? it's quite limited compared with normal cfw, so it's best to fix the bluetooth if possible. the reason your controllers may not have worked in the recovery menu, even when plugged in, could be that they're fake. a lot of fakes don't work in the recovery menu. though, sometimes weird things like that can happen. for example, I have a pstv, and neither of my official ps4 controllers work in the recovery menu while plugged in, but they have no issue wirelessly on the livearea. however, my fake ps3 controller (go figure) does work wired in the recovery menu, but doesn't work wirelessly in the livearea. it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, could be a bug with enso, but I'm not sure. anyway, some controllers just don't work in the recovery menu on the ps3, and those are usually fake controllers.

claptrap_612

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont have any ps4 or ps5 controllers but the wired keyboard does in fact work. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by no-bt firmware? I had followed a guide on YouTube from this video so I'm not sure if the CFW had something to do with it?

That's the video I did to get CFW on my PS3.
Also how hard is it to fix damaged bluetooth? Do I have to take the entire console apart or is there like a way to "reset" the bluetooth on it? Should I format the whole system? Also if i get another ps3 controller (a real Sony one, not the cheap fake ones I have) will the PS3 mess up the controller making it useless? I just ask these questions because everything about this problem is confusing and I've tried just about everything on it so I dont know what is the problem with it? Should I just have someone repair it?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You must know better thinking its gonna save you money but unless i am mistaken, but a genuine ps3 controller is something that is not that common you can never find one in pawn shop for sure, Ds3 suck and ds4 v2 is better but not tottaly compatible with ps3

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I also think you have a fake as I was fooled also. They make them look practically identical but you can't turn on the PS3 with them which is a big sign they're not authentic as only legit Dualshock 3s can turn on the PS3.

However other than turning on the PS3 unless you got some really bad ones they work fairly well even though they're fake. Take a paper clip and reset the button on the back of the controller for 15 seconds, then plug in the controller with usb on the PS3 and retry. If that doesn't work those controllers are no good. It could be that it's your bluetooth on the PS3 but it's more likely the controllers.

Edit: I missed where you said it messed up your friends controller. Maybe it is the PS3.

Last edited by ,

claptrap_612

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually found out the issue. It was really strange? It was actually my micro USB cable that was the issue? I tried a new cable I got and connected it to the ps3 and it connected perfectly? So I guess it was the cable? I dont understand why? I tried 3 cable and none worked except for this one cable that I got with a controller I bought a few days ago? It was the weirdest issue I've ever had?

Also if anyone is wondering, yes I do have fake ps3 controllers that look identical to the official Sony ones. Strange but at least it's fixed now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.