Ps3 controller on pc - Is motioninjoy SAFE?

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I already use an old offline version of Motioninjoy and my controller works wonders. [I think I got it either here, or on a ps3 forum]
I suggested this program to someone, and the person said that "the program is probably full of trojan and sh*t. The site says to press F8 on booting..." and some more absurd things I NEVER did while using the "offline" version. [specifically, my version is 0.6.0003a]

Any suggestions? Should I let go of this program before it's too late, or did the guy saw some bogus site?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What he's referring to are the "unsigned driver" boot instructions. F8 on boot to disable driver sig verifications is needed for unsigned drivers on NT 6.0+ 64-bit.

But the new drivers are signed or something, as I didn't need to do that to get my PS3 controller to work via bluetooth.

Reactions: Originality

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It works, make sure to use the ps2 pov setting or whatever its called for the two analogs to work. Make sure to click the "enable" button to swtich presets.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup, that was a necessary step for old versions. If you didn't do that, Windows would refuse to install it because it wasn't signed properly, but they somehow managed to sign it and now that isn't necessary anymore. I did uninstall it myself because it interfered with (read: broke) my mouse drivers, but that's another thing entirely. If it works for you, no need to uninstall it.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It is safe and all. Shouldn't be any trojans. Also, the drivers have been signed, they were able to fix that, so that F8 thing shouldn't be needed. Make sure he downloads the latest version from the official homepage and he can't go wrong. It's really easy to get it to work, and it works great :)

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think he has something against Chinese people... [considering the server is chinese and stuff]
Maybe I'm just beind a pest :P But thanks for the confirmation, guys.
There are people who are against MotionJoy because author steals source code from other people without publishing the MotionJoy's source code.

Since older version is not signed, you have to disable driver check. This lead people speculating it is a Trojan program. It has nothing to do with race.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all