Ps3 controller and yosemite 10.10.2 ??

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by azoreseuropa, May 5, 2015.

1. azoreseuropa
    OP

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    I had experienced with Windows 7 and don't have a problem. Now, I want to try it with my newer macbook pro with a retina but before I do that. I googled it and some reported a bug or something like that. I do not want to struggle it or anything to my baby. :) Any users can please answer my question for your experience, please?

2. MeisterFenster

MeisterFenster GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Turn bluetooth on, go to system settings, connect the controller via usb, pair it and done. No extra software needed, works in steam games with controller support, wokrs without repairing after disabling bluetooth. Just press the PS button to reactivate it.

I have a late 2013, but that should not really make a difference.

3. azoreseuropa
    OP

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Yes, it sound easy but this site said otherwise. I would like to try it but I am uncertain.. Here:

Code:
    http://osxdaily.com/2014/12/28/connect-playstation-3-controller-mac-os-x/

4. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    You could always install windows via bootcamp if you run into some unsolvable problems.

5. azoreseuropa
    OP

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    I don't like Windows 7 and 8 at all. Thats why I gave up Windows for MAC.

6. MeisterFenster

MeisterFenster GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    Gambia, The
    just do it, what should go wrong? if something happens you could just use timemashine and go back.

7. azoreseuropa
    OP

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal

I had an experience with Dell Laptop plus Windows 7 and bluetooth. No, my macbook pro with a retina laptop is really a new for about a month now. I am just a little bit awkward and I understood Mac's version better more in a month now. Anyway, I searched the Google to see what's wrong and found that Yosemite 10.10.1 through 10.10.3 has a bug for PS3 controller and Bluetooth. The Maverick version doesn't have a problem. Now, I go ahead and research some more at the Google patiently and I found one. I try it today and test the SNES9X MAC and it works! :-)