ps3 CECHE01 4.75 downgrade

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by malaken, Aug 14, 2015.

1. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    hey there i have a ps3 80gb at ofw 4.75. was wandering how i go about downgrading it. would i need to soder?

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    There are two options for you:

Get a Phat or SLIM PS3 at any Pawn stores and it won't hurt to ask them if you can test it so you can checked the firmware to see if it is 3.41 or 3.55. Thats what I did and I grab one that had 3.41 in it. :D

Other option: Buy a expensive E3 Flasher that can cost 70 to 100 dollars. It is not good for a beginner, thought. I recommend to get one at the pawn store instead.. Its cheaper and hassle free.

3. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    would i need an e3 flasher? i read some where something about progskeet or something? but aside from that im more interested in gaining the experience from doing the work myself.

4. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    You could use a progskeet, E3 is just usually the first recommended because it's the most straightforward, least soldering option.

malaken likes this.
  5. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    i also read something about nor and nand. what is the difference and which do i need if any? Also i have read a little bit about 3k3y. was wandering if someone can explain or link me info on if and if my system is capable of using it.

6. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Yours has NOR flash. http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
    I'm actually not sure if E3 even comes with a NOR model, so Progskeet might be the better option in your case.

7. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    thats what i was worried about. thank you.

8. Tommy084

Tommy084 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2013
    Norway
    I never got my progskeet to work on nand or nor, i got 2 1.21 if i shoud recomand any flasher, it would be littlebalup's teensy adapter,
    http://www.psx-place.com/forum/down...eensy-2-0-ps3-1728.html?highlight=Littlebalup
    its chesper than e3flasher.
    Ok it harder, but its more funn. It aint that hard to solder, just be sure you practice before starting with the adapter.
    Playstationhax.it have also a adapter, but it is only for nand, not nor ;)

9. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    not that experienced at soldering. thats the reason i wanted to check my possible options in hacking my ps3.

10. Tommy084

Tommy084 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2013
    Norway
    Me ether, i am a carpenter :-D
    Never solder before i made that Playstationhax.it adapter, it is easy if you take it slow and use flux ;)

11. zeruel85

zeruel85 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2014
    Italy
    Treviso (TV)
    Teensy++ 2.0 is the best choice, and it's also very cheap.

Tommy084 likes this.
  12. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    CECH-E01 has NAND flash, very hard to downgrade. You need to solder alot of wires.
    Best is to get a NOR console and use E3 flasher to downgrade, no soldering needed when you use the clip.

malaken likes this.
  13. malaken
    OP

malaken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    i googled a little bit and came across one that has the pins in it already. here is the link. https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp_pins.html.
    i came across that on google. can i use this or do i need to solder it still?

14. Tommy084

Tommy084 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2013
    Norway
    Yea, still a lot solder to do :-p
    Here my solder projects, the biggest is nor and nand flasher and the small one is nand only :)
    I got spare pcb boards, if you want one, I can send, if you pay the freight ;-)

Here is the release post:
    http://playstationhax.it/forums/topic/1149-teensy-adapter-board-for-nandway/

Attached Files:

Last edited by Tommy084, Aug 16, 2015