Hardware PS3 backwards compatibility on PS5 soon ?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For some reason, in the Playstation 5 library it is possible to separate games between PS5, PS4 and PS3.
QWpJm9r.png

There are no PS3 games on the PS5 right when selected nothing appears. I thought that maybe they were Playstation Now games (the service has PS3 games streaming), but not if it were the case with PS2 games that are available on PS Now both via streaming and download should also appear.

I really hope that Sony will include backwards compatibility with the PS3 in the future and not just by streaming, the PS3 has so many amazing and exclusive titles from Sony, a pity that we won't be able to play them on the PS5 while the Xbox Series X is capable of run all Xbox consoles.

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The PS3 section is for PlayStation Now support.
I saw people commenting on it, but I haven't seen any evidence of it so far.

I find it strange that the PS3 games appeared even though they were only streamings when there is no category for PS2 games even though they have streaming and download.

ital

Trophies
XP
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Sony don't give a toss about old games because they've got loads of new ones that are even shinier for people to play. That and they don't want to carry over peoples previous PSN purchases when they can charge them again for streaming instead.

*taps side of head*

TimPV3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's PS Now games. There are 3 PS3 games I own that are on PS Now, and it gives me the option to stream. Not sure if you have to be a PS Now member or not since I have it for another 10 months.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Pokémon still acts the same just feels like they tried making it into a werid anime instead of...