PS3 and Wii U Running on PS4?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Dave_Chad, Feb 11, 2019 at 8:25 PM.

1. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    I feel sorry for the guy who asked about a PS3 emulator for the PS4 Pro who got the below response and his thread locked :(

The reality is there is a Linux distro running on PS4 called Psxitarch which actually has video evidence of it running (quite badly but still running) Cemu (Wii U emulator) and RPCS3 (PS3 emulator). It is currently on release v2 which has fixed sound output. It has working video drivers hardware accelerated.

I'm interested in seeing how it develops. :)

2. coffinbirth

coffinbirth Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    It's just poc, don't get excited.

3. Dave_Chad
    OP

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Of course i am going to get excited... We likely will never see full speed of either emulator but i'm still impressed and it means good things for other emulators for the lower systems. Dreamcast and Gamecube stuff would be cool and seems perfectly feasible and full speed N64.

4. JustinCredible

JustinCredible GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2018
    United States
    You don't realize how many times that guy was making threads like that. He made around 20 different threads "can Wii U run PS3" etc....and we'd tell him no and he'd argue and show some spanish youtube video that "proves us wrong" Then he switched to "can PS3 run Wii U" and threads like that. He got what he deserved.

Last edited by JustinCredible, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:19 PM
    AmandaRose likes this.
  5. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Get a pc lol you can get all those if you've got the money/parts

6. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    You need respect what can and cannot be done. Let it go.

7. moonblood666

moonblood666 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Has anyone besides this spanish guy tested the PS3 capabilities? The guy uploads stuff everyday and I wonder sometimes if it's legit.

Last edited by moonblood666, Feb 12, 2019 at 6:22 PM
  8. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    I dont think anybody is going to put in the monumental effort it would take, especially when ps4 will soon be outdated itself. Your best bet is pc, right now its the only reasonable platform for emulating those systems.

Last edited by kevin corms, Feb 12, 2019 at 6:27 PM
  9. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    I don't count Linux on PS4 as PS4 because it's a pain to run it, the problem with that "evidence" is some people will assume that it's just a matter of time before they can play WiiU and PS3 games on PS4.

They may be right or wrong, but the "evidence" doesn't give you any idea.

It may be that some part of PS4 Linux needs improving or it may be the emulators are doing something that is slow on PS4 which may or may not be possible to optimize.

I could post "evidence" of Cemu and RPCS3 on a ten year old laptop if you like.