Status
Not open for further replies.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So the Thread with the proof of concept running ps2 on vita from the chinese guy got taken down but i could save most of it here it is

bad translation of his post :

I play PSV version of Ricky and Tinker Bell Collector's Edition Collection, and Jack Dast Collection, Cunning Fox Adventure Collection found that the three collections are actually PS2 emulator shell, that is to say, can be used as a PS2 container, by my test put Ricky Tinker Bell 123 into the Cunning Fox Adventure can run, put into Jack can also run, that is, the emulator is universal, what is the game package are It doesn't matter what the game package is.

So how to run other PS2 games?
Just unpack the PS2 game image and convert the startup file like SLPS680.88 to .self file,
and pack the other game files into PSARC format, and modify the path to the startup file to read the game files and reconnect.

According to this idea PSV running PS2 emulator is completely feasible, I hope that the gods and goddesses to study in depth, have the ability to scientific Internet access, please forward to foreign countries, so that foreign gods also study.

The current problems for ordinary players are as follows.
1. there is no ready-made .self conversion tool, using the PS3 re-signature tool will have some problems
2. for the image file unpacking, there are some game files hidden such as Ghost Warrior 3, Frog Cavalry, the average person can not extract the game files
3. because of the need to package into PSARC game file paths have changed need to reconnect, for the huge number of files or the game itself has other package, may not support the package in the package read.
The above problem is the threshold for the average player, but not for the gods.

I hope more people will join the research, if I reconnect and finish the conversion I will be the first to release the resources.

Some Screenshots i could save there are 2 missing showing him running heracles chariot racing on his psvita :

023524mjmw6m98mkmh060j.jpg

023719csz4suug62pua9g0.jpg

023733j0ickd2k4fbku78i.jpg
023755y6mdl0dmxrxl86k0.jpg

023813hxjjxev5n5wll5wj.jpg

024003xrwl071111x001cz.jpg

my first experiences to recreate his PoC :

So i could manage to recreate his proof of concept only thing where i cannot success is to convert the startup file like SLPS680.88 to .self file via ps3 resigner (those numbered files are ps2 .elf)
maybe anyone got an idea or want to take a look at this proof of concept

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, PS2 on PSVita. Soon ill be able to play simpsons hit and run
dont get your hope up its still somewhat funky out of nowhere comes a chinese dude with a holy grail type thing seems to good to be true but we wont know until we tested this further so keep your fingers crossed

Reactions: Tarmfot

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
could i may ask you where you hit the road block?
No idea how to get the .self from the ELF (some I tested spit out a 1KB .self, others gave no output file at all)

No clue what the purpose of ps2classic application is in this case at all. It just outputs an encrypted copy of the ISO... which I'm not sure why we would need?

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea how to get the .self from the ELF (some I tested spit out a 1KB .self, others gave no output file at all)

No clue what the purpose of ps2classic application is in this case at all. It just outputs an encrypted copy of the ISO... which I'm not sure why we would need?
same here idk why we should encrypt the iso i mean even on his screenshots where he shows running the self with vitashell there is no encrypted iso in his folder

and about converting first i changed the end from .somenumbers in to elf and via the resigner i could resign the elf to Non-DRM eboot but its still an elf not an self then i tried brakenmake to build a self but that came back with error (elf32string table index is invalid)

the only thing what works is packing the otherfiles as psarc via psarc gui or ps3 sdk psarc.exe

maybe @godreborn could take a look and push us in the right direction i know he´s definetly the right man for that

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here idk why we should encrypt the iso i mean even on his screenshots where he shows running the self with vitashell there is no encrypted iso in his folder

and about converting first i changed the end from .somenumbers in to elf and via the resigner i could resign the elf to Non-DRM eboot but its still an elf not an self then i tried brakenmake to build a self but that came back with error (elf32string table index is invalid)

the only thing what works is packing the otherfiles as psarc via psarc gui or ps3 sdk psarc.exe

maybe @godreborn could take a look and push us in the right direction i know he´s definetly the right man for that
The eboot.bin is a self file, just with a different name. ;)

• Love
Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UPDATE : got a bit further but when im starting jak1 via ingame menu it crashes

tried vitashell BUT my vitashell wont start any .self (even official selfs) it just opens it with editor so how did he run this?
at this point am asking is this even real?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE : got a bit further but when im starting jak1 via ingame menu it crashes

tried vitashell BUT my vitashell wont start any .self (even official selfs) it just opens it with editor so how did he run this?
at this point am asking is this even real?
Hard to say. In their screenshot, rc2.self seems unmodified (or at least the file size is the same as the original file).
That doesn't mean that it's fake, necessarily, but it's suspicious that this is the case.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ive done some detective work and found this translated it with deepl and yes its fake
https://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-8825270-1-1.html

translation:

Tutorial PSV running PS2 games successfully! PSV using the official container to run PS2 games
Original post https://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-8824134-1-1.html

Previously said to use PSV's Riki and Tinker Bell Collection, Jack Dast Collection, Cunning Fox Adventure Collection, these games with the official PS2 emulator shell as a container to run PS2 games, you need to unpack the game ISO to boot files such as SLPS_666.88 this elf file into self files, put it into the container, and then pack the rest of the game into rc1. psarc file and overwrite the original file, and reconnect the path of the boot file call file to the new path. Then start the game.

Now after testing it is not necessary to package the game files into psarc files or to reconnect the file paths, because we don't change the location of the game files. This is much simpler.

1. first download the container, I used the U.S. version of Ricky and Tinker Bell Collection Edition No. PCSA00133, must be decrypted for mai version because NND game files mixed with unencrypted files will report an error, with repatch plug-in and will destroy the path of the PS2 game files.
2. Prepare the ISO of the PS2 game, extract the files from the ISO or decompress them directly with the compression software. CNF file also modify the name of the SYSTEM.

3. convert the startup file to self file This step plagues many people because there is no readily available conversion tool, I run the game is PS2 Hercules Racing, the game the whole network is not even a picture is very cold only because it is small, with the PS3 re-sign tool relatively reliable method to see the back of the rain fish large floor, after conversion can not be used, two possibilities 1. incompatible. 2. Tools can not solve all the game conversion, after all, is not a dedicated tool. The ability to write their own, with reference to the core of the PSV full simulation.self format, PS3 after all, with a signature and itself also exists a little different.

4. We unzip the ISO within the PS2 files are copied to the game folder app-PCSA00133 under the conversion of good start files renamed to the game you want to replace such as to replace the Riki 2 renamed to rc2.self, so that all files are in the folder root directory, that is, not packaged and do not need to reconnect.
Put in the root directory.
5. Run the game to select Ricky and Tinker Bell 2, which is the PS2 game you just replaced

Run the picture is only a tutorial schematic with the picture.

Some people pull to what function, what ARM architecture, that the tutorial is false, first of all, I do not profit from this, and no interest, I wrote this all night for the point what? I have many things that are not necessary.
In response to the question about the PSV function, first of all, this is not a simulation, do not need several times the function of the theory, and this way the game frame rate is not all full speed, said the CPU architecture, you should know that the container shell program is dependent on the arm, as for running PS2 games are called under the shell arm. What's wrong with this, and PSV host system is not like PS3 and PS4 as there are PS2 related system files I think because the PSV store never shelved PS2 digital version of the game, and running speed is generally low sales there is no need to put the PS2 environment into the PSV system. But that doesn't mean the game can't come with its own operating environment.

I also tried more than one game, of course, there is no, I found a friend abroad to write a full-fledged emulator core to help me convert a number of well-known games and so pass back to try again.
You believe it or not and I no longer have anything to do with the process is here, the difficulties are also here, the tool to write a good I will not update this post.

The tutorial is fake, the container is not Ricky, Hercules is also an online excerpt of the schematic, I am sorry for the trouble caused to everyone in order not to cause a price increase and be used this topic is over
Once again, I apologize to all users of home machines

powre

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The information at hand shows that it is technically possible to run the game, and there are some files that need unpacking.

powre

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Fake? Don't rule out this possibility, test it for a few days, stop at the unpacked file, and feel something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night