Ps2 iso's on Ps3

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Zetta_x, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010

Ps2 iso's on Ps3 by Zetta_x at 10:32 PM (1,865 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Zetta_x
    OP

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Final Fantasy 13 has came out and I am thinking about buying a ps3 just for that game.

The deciding factor: I have read posts about a year or two ago that they have created a method for loading ps2 games via USB using an HDD. If I can do this with a new ps3, I will buy a ps3. There is no way I am buying a PS3 if I can't play my Ps2 games.

I read a million posts, all dating almost a year ago about Ps2 iso loading which are not all up to date. Google has failed me to find a site that is up to date with ps3 mods. Can someone give me an answer that is up to date or direct me to a location in which I can use to find my answer (please god an answer that is within a month)

Thanks in advance,
    Z

In a nutshell, I found the other consoles discussion on GBA temp... [​IMG]

Today, I spent a couple hours looking at various websites for PS3 information. When I just about gave up hope I went to the GBAtemp boards for one last fight. As soon as I posted a topic in regards to my question, I found a whole forum on the same GBAtemp boards with all the answers I had. Knowing the GBAtemp community, I am going to get cooked by its users. FML

2. pcmanrules

Member pcmanrules GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    The PS3 isn't hackable just yet, stick with a PS2 for ISO loading and use the PS3 genuinely. Or just hack a Xbox360.

3. Zetta_x
    OP

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Thank you very much for your answer and not grilling me for posting this [​IMG]

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
  5. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Fail, you need a backwards compatible PS3 for that (any 20,60, and the 4usb port 80GB - 2 usb port 80gb doesn't play ps2), none of the 2USB Port Phat PS3's or any of the Slim PS3s are backwards compatible with PS2 games.

6. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    How do we know he won't get a backwards compatible model?