PS1/2 PS2 Hardmod help

Gnoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to hardmod a ps2 slim with the model number 77001b. According to wikipedia, this is version 15. I'm considering the 1 x Modbo 4.0 modchip. However, the provided diagrams show version 15 as a model number 75001, and none of them show my model number. Can anyone suggest a different chip, or help clarify the version confusion I'm having?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if you've sorted this yet, but only just noticed it.

The confusion comes from arguments over what model was what version. For a while there were arguments over which model number=which version.

Diagrams, well they seem to be a complete mess at the moment. I'm not sure if it's because it's a clone and they just never bothered with the diagrams or whether they've just become lost over time.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f11/modchip-di...html#post360542

You can find the a/b diagrams for the modbo750 here, which as far as I know are the same install points as the modbo 4. The matrix infinity diagrams are also the same, minus the cx point (matrix has an onboard oscillator) for the clock.

The only issue may be the cx point. I've seen it in different places on a few diagrams. So if it doesn't match, you'd have to hunt down a diagram for it. If your board does not match the diagram for the cx point, you should be able to search with the boards number (on the board there is GH-XXX-XX printed on it) and find the correct cx point.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd personally recommend installing FMCB, but if you want to do a Modbo, just follow what Armadillo said.

Gnoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chip went in easily enough, but I haven't been able to run my ps2 backups. (original ps2 and Ps1 original/backup work fine). Haven't sorted the problem yet.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also make sure 3.3v and GND have a real connection. You will want to use a much bigger gauge wire than for the data lines. Also the data lines should be 30 gauge or so to get a good signal through.

jinnpan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's true about the 3.3V and Ground, however, it is loading PSX back-up. The chip is getting power and the following points A,B,H,I,G,Y when not connected properly will not load PS2 backups.

1ffklg.jpg

Gnoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually managed to load ps2 backups by using the quick-load feature (Hold SELECT on startup), if that makes a difference. I also have to manually put it in DVD mode for PS1 backups (by holding O on startup). Does that simplify things any?

As for the wire, I used this 30-gauge wire.
http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=48&products_id=297

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1