PS1/2 PS2 games from USB

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys, I just got a PS2, it already reads backup discs but I want to know how to make it read games from the USB and I don't really find any useful guide, can anyone help me?
BTW: I KNOW THE USB PORTS ARE 1.1 AND IT WILL RUN SLOW, I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DO IT, THANKS

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
no he doesn't he can use a program called usb advance to play games off of usb

Which is totally outdated, inferior to the current USB loading methods and is probably tough to obtain these days. FMCB and then the adjunctive software is the way to go.

Although OP just use the a network cable to connect your PS2 to your PC and stream the games from there...much faster.

Reactions: GamerzHell9137

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Compatibility over USB is absolutely terrible and the issues are insufferable - it is highly recommended that you use SMB instead. In any case, all you really need is OpenPS2Loader installed and a USB drive or stick.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sure, I noticed it :P
..I was just doing a real question ...since I never used SMB on my ps2, I was curious about how efficiently it would run..

It is very efficient from my experience, it rivals (if not surpasses) disc loading, so if you want to avoid wearing off your laser, it's a very good alternative. It's also important to set it up "the right way" to avoid lag or long loading times - it's recommended to connect directly to a PC rather than via a router, the less nodes on the way the better.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is very efficient from my experience, it rivals (if not surpasses) disc loading, so if you want to avoid wearing off your laser, it's a very good alternative. It's also important to set it up "the right way" to avoid lag or long loading times - it's recommended to connect directly to a PC rather than via a router, the less nodes on the way the better.

Yeh ..most tutorials I saw use a router ..don't know why they don't set a direct network..
But that's cool. I'll probably do that at some point when I buy my new pc ..thanks Foxi

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeh ..most tutorials I saw use a router ..don't know why they don't set a direct network..
But that's cool. I'll probably do that at some point when I buy my new pc ..thanks Foxi

They probably connect via a router for convenience - connecting directly with a PC requires you to keep your PC near the console or use a pretty long cable... :P

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably connect via a router for convenience - connecting directly with a PC requires you to keep your PC near the console or use a pretty long cable... :P

Also, even if they're already close, unless you intend to use your PC exclusively for serving PS2 games, it's either going to be an annoying hassle to switch it between the PS2 and router every time you change what you're doing, or you're gonna have to put a second NIC in the PC so you can do both.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also, even if they're already close, unless you intend to use your PC exclusively for serving PS2 games, it's either going to be an annoying hassle to switch it between the PS2 and router every time you change what you're doing, or you're gonna have to put a second NIC in the PC so you can do both.

Seeing that Ethernet cards are cheap as dirt, that's hardly a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today