Not open for further replies.

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry if this has been brought up. but is there a ps2 emulator for the wii? id love to be able to play kingdom hearts 2 on my wii. and other games as well

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
klight18 said:
Im sorry if this has been brought up. but is there a ps2 emulator for the wii? id love to be able to play kingdom hearts 2 on my wii. and other games as well

No, there is no PS2 emulator for Wii, and it's never going to happen. This Wii is just not strong enough to emulate it.
There is however a PSX emulator coming out.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no there isn't. there is a ps1 emulator which isn't good. so i think ps2 on wii is impossible... too slow xD

klight18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
klight18 said:

No, there is no PS2 emulator for Wii, and it's never going to happen. This Wii is just not strong enough to emulate it.
There is however a PSX emulator coming out.

thanks Satangel, ive tried PCSX for my computer and it was horrible. is PSX better?

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
PS2 emulation is near enough impossible on a computer, let alone a Wii. I can run some games on my PC using PCSX2 at nearly a playable speed.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayhem366 said:
PS2 emulation is near enough impossible on a computer, let alone a Wii. I can run some games on my PC using PCSX2 at nearly a playable speed.

PS2 emulation isn't near impossible on a computer and the speeds are better than nearly playable. On the other hand if Sony can't get PS2 emulated on PS3 then it's just not going to happen with the Wii.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Theres no need for an emulator, 90% of wii games are piss poor PS2 ports anyway!
yaypsp.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
daknight said:
Maz7006 said:
PSX is far as the Wii goes.

Actually, N64 is as far as Wii goes in emulation...but yeah, there is no way for it to emulate the PS2.
Agreed. What about some basic Dreamcast emulation? I know it's a lot more powerful than the Nintendo 64, but quite a bit easier to emulate than PS2 if I'm not mistaken.

What I'd personally really like to see after WiiSX and Wii64 is a good SegaCD and Saturn emulator... or is such a thing already in developement/released?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
What I'd personally really like to see after WiiSX and Wii64 is a good SegaCD and Saturn emulator... or is such a thing already in developement/released?
Yes there is. It's called Yabause Wii. I don't know how well it runs as I've never tested it. You can find it on WiiBrew.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. You could have named the thread, Is There A PS2 Emulator For The Wii?, instead of PS2 Emulator on the Wii. You had my hopes up then you crushed my dreams.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Theres no need for an emulator, 90% of wii games are piss poor PS2 ports anyway!
yaypsp.gif

that made me LOL a lot... yep let's start a list shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, The Bert and Ernie clip at the end is the best. +1