Hardware PS1/2 PS2 Controller|Need help finding spare parts. Otherwise selling those dead Controllers

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After some time i decided to repair some hardwares, including these two DualShock 2 Controllers. These are the only ones i have problems with. Both controllers show signs of power (red LED) but barely any button works. i think i need new foils, thats what at least many people say online. I really would love to use the original controllers rather than others, but it feels like its not worth it in this case... anyway.

Starting with picture 1. Even though it would be the "kind of" easiest to replace, there are like none to be found online. Since the green foil looks fine, i think the problem here could be the black contact foil, they look pretty scratched or used. But it somehow feels weird that this controller uses extra foils for all contacts while i never saw this on any other controller. Is there any way to know what the problem is here before buying or doing anything?

In picture 2, i believe i ordered a wrong foil, since the controller has 19 Pins and on the foil i only counted 18 contacts.

Picture 3 is the same controller as in picture 2. The foil looks like the lines are fading away I couldnt really figure out what exact to find on the motherboard as model number. But would it matter if i buy any 19 Pin foil? And i believe i couldnt re-use the 19 Pin socket on the board? Should i buy a foil with a specific socket (if available) that makes it easier to replace the foil in future?

I also heard something about "conductive silver paint" or something like that. Wonder if that could be a better fix somehow...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    859.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57

HaseoArmahem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
The photo 2 - you order right item. The 19-th connector is not used. You just need the ZIF-connector - order for 18 and ignore the left one on the motherboard('m sure you have revision H on second photo - as it is common fails for them and can be fixed - and you order right item). Ignore the original foil - it is dead now and you get more trouble then profite if try to restore it.
18Pin SA1Q42A - here is the best part for revision H - with ZIF-socket to 18 pin.

Reactions: JackTheFroster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh