Hacking PS2 Backup on PS3?

ToadyTheToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's probably a bit early to be asking this since most of the homebrew programs are (I'm guessing) still in development, but I was just wondering if any of the PS3 backup launchers that have been released can load PS2 backups? My PS3 can already play PS2 games (it's one of the older releases), I would just like to play KH2 FM+ by using a backup launcher, since the region lock is still in effect. Thanks for any information.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest you look at a method that's been working for years.

Swap magic loading on PS3.
smile.gif

dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Waiting for this myself... Give it a few months I'm sure something will show up. Surely, PSX and PS2 emulation is easier than the rest as the ability to play them is already there, it just needs to be accessed. But I'm no expert and it'll still be very difficult probably...

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Had no idea you can use swap magic on ps3... If you just want to play kh games though there's pcsx2. Even with a crappy cpu and gpu you can play them at 2x res with 60fps

As for pcsx2 I asked around and the chances of it being ported to ps3 are low

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bam!

http://opl.psx-scene.com/

QUOTE said:
Open PS2 Loader (OPL) is an application designed to allow you to play your PS2 games from a connected USB device, an internal IDE HDD or a networked PC from either a PS2 console or a PS3 console that supports PS2 Backwards Compatibility. Internal IDE HDD devices are not supported for the PS3.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
synce said:
Had no idea you can use swap magic on ps3... If you just want to play kh games though there's pcsx2. Even with a crappy cpu and gpu you can play them at 2x res with 60fps

As for pcsx2 I asked around and the chances of it being ported to ps3 are low

Trust me, swap magic + any ps3 compatible swap magic loader = 100% full speed, good quality games my friend
smile.gif
I dont think they'll be perfecting ps2 emulation anytime soon as it is...especially since PS1 and PSP emulation have only just gotten speed!

ToadyTheToad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe OPL is my best bet for now. I guess it's time for me to order a SwapMagic for this. However; can anyone confirm whether I require a certain firmware to use SwapMagic/OPL, or will it work as long as my PS3 is one of the 60 gig launch PS3's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.