Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright im in a rpg mood and im looking more towards PS1 games and N64 games and i know the n64 has like almost no rpgs so PS1 it is!

What are the best ones to try out? Ive played all the big name ones like ff7 8 9,xgears,Crono and others like that i want ones that are great and most time fly under the rader if you know what i mean.

Also a side note for all rpgs for any system anyone know of ones with a great love story in them like lunar 2 and ff 8?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Ecsaform, Koudelka, Linda Cubed, Persona series, Atelier series, Marl Oukoku series

I've never seen a good love story in a videogame though lol

Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Havnt heard of any of those are they japan only or something? And come on you gotta know some game with a love story in it like lunar 2 and ff8 idk why but i always find it makes the story more enjoyable to play through

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't know Ecsaform and Linda Cubed.
They seems Japanese only. Maybe there are fantrad.

The 4 others listed are in English (at least, some episode from their respective series).

Not so long ago, someone else asked the same request.
I made a little list of RPG I remembered which could be not well known.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=274...p;#entry3444416

Edit : Well, I didn't list them all, I listed only the games other users didn't specify before me.
I recommend you read the entire topic to find what you want.

Edit2 :
Another RPG/Adventure (japanese only) :
-Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Persona 2 is good. Get the translation patch for Innocent Sin, play that first, then proceed with part 2, the officially translated Eternal Punishment.

Also try Legend of Mana
biggrin.gif

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest Tales of Symphonia cause thats one of the best games I've ever played....but its for the Gamecube...I guess Xenogears, Megaman Legends 1&2, uhhhh I'm tapped out...Parasite Eve 1? Tomba? Have fun either way.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have a PSP then Valkyrie Profile is good and it's successor on the PS2 (Valkyrie Profile Silmeria) is great!

Saying that if you could you'd probably get a lot more out of switching from PS1 to PS2 for this RPG quest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system