Zense

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SOLVED
Hi guys!

I've just bought an RGB cable to use on my PS1 (unmodded 7502) and occasionally my PS2 (modbo 4.0) when playing PS1 games. Anyways, I got the cable and testing it on my viewpia 1080i lcd tv (old) with both my pal ps2 and ps1 I get a black and white picture for either region of games. I tested the ps2 on an LG 4K tv and I got full colors etc. On my ps2 I've switched to rgb in the component signal options.

Obviously the problem is with the tv, and I was wondering if anyone has any clues as to why. I've seen people having options on their tvs to chose what signal to use in AV, but this TV doesn't.

I also have an rgb cable for my megadrive from the same shop that works perfectly.

I bought it here from retrogamingcables.

On further inspection I see that my megadrive cable is Csync and my ps1 cable is sync on luma, and not csync. Could this be the problem and in that case what would you suggest as a solution? A simple adapter would be nice..

Solution edit: So, I'm not sure if my memory is what failed me but I tried putting the cable in the av1 instead of av2-in and I got colors. I was sure I'd already tried this since I knew that normally the rgb compatibility is in av1..

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: koffieleut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...