PS1 Review: "Sheep Dog 'N Wolf" or "Sheep Raider"

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People might think I am more of a Nintendo guy but truth is I spent most of my childhood playing with my PS1. I had more than 200 pirated games (didn't know it was a crime to buy games for $5 as a 10 year old, sue me!) and the last game I played before my ps1 broke was "Sheep Raider" or "Sheep Dog 'N Wolf" depending on where you live.

This game is one of those rare gems, ok... ok... It hasn't aged well... Graphically it sucked... It didn't use those tricks to cover the Playstation limitation like other famous titles and if people cry about the lack of dual analogs in the 3ds, well... Imagine a game with no dual-shock support, no fancy tricks like z-targetting and the camera sucks. Still this game managed to become some kind of classic to me where it's some kind of funny mix between Metal Gear Solid and Zelda (it is a stealth puzzle game :P ) and here's why:

Sheep Dog 'N Wolf is a game where you control Ralph Wolf and you participate in a TV show starred by Daffy Duck where he helps you steal the sheeps from Sam Sheepdog. In each stage, you must steal one sheep without Sam seeing or catching you and take that Sheep to a place marked by a circle. In this game you can use some items provided by famous company "Acme", in the beggining of the game you'll get some help in using them but later you'll have to use your imagination to find out how to use them in order to steal the sheep from Sam. One thing to note is that each sheep you steal from Sam means there is less Sheep for him to take care which means each stage gets harder.

The game has lot of items and elements like jetpacks, trampoulines, disguises, flute and use a lot of physics concepts just like the cartoon ^^

images

images

screenshot_25632.jpg

One of the fun things about this game is its humor, it will often put you in absurd situations where you will have to think outside of the box solve the problem and accomplish your work. It could be get Sam a fake girlfriend, replace one of the sheeps for a white rock, hypinotize Sam, allying with some Teenagers and their dog. They've done each stage different making gameplay very rich, camera problems apart.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had this game! God, so many memories. Might start playing this again if I can find it! Otherwise, I'll emulate it.

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gameplay footage so you can see the beautiful cell shaded graphics. keep in mind this is a ps1 game.

This is footage from an emulator, so graphics look a lot better than in an actual playstation. But I must say, this game look gourgeous with the HD resolution and filters.

Reactions: Celice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD