Hacking PS Vita motherboard help

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a ps PS Vita second hand $60 and was pumped for remote play. Then I was reading about hack ps Vita scene and was interested I have modded before and love to come here for help and opinions.

So I know I need fw 3.60 or below, so I only have a few options

1. Buy new Vita

I have been looking on Amazon and ebay. Amazon is a little more money($20 or so). I like the aqua blue slim 2000. I heard a new ps Vita is a good way to get 3.60 or below. Which leads me to number 2

2. I can't really seem to find a PS Vita 2000 motherboard fw 3.60 or below. Does anyone know a link or place that has a decent amount of stock?

3. If I choose to swap motherboards I watch a video and it seems pretty straight forward only have a few questions.

3a. I need a place to get a motherboard

3b. It's been awhile since working with hardware so any things I need to know like static electricity or any paste to seal stuff back up?

3c. I believe all I need is a screw driver, some type of wedge(for case), tweezers, and motherboard fw 3.60 or lower?

3d. Does anyone have experience swapping motherboards and any advice?

I know no one can make the decision for me but what are people's opinions?

Buy new Vita?
Swap motherboards?

If anyone answers please be in detail so there is no confusion and thanks in advance.

P.s after modding if I am able to get there will I still be able to use remote play? Also I'll have other questions I'll save for once I get a ps vita 3.60 or below

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, you can either try to buy a second hand <3.60 Vita, NEW sealed US Vita, or wait until TheFlow releases his 3.67 chain. There's pretty much no 3.60 boards left on the market, and the ones that are available are overpriced. People are asking up to 100$ for one, and I bought my complete 3.60 Vita with a 16GB memory card for only 70.

You decide what to do

Reactions: WOOO1234

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in other words I will probably have no luck online finding a motherboard?

I can wait for theflow( who knows how long that will be but respect)also wouldn't I have to have 3.60 anyways, I can't start for fw 3.67?

Buy a new Vita so no imports for Amazon or eBay? Just like ps Vita from a Best buy or Walmart?

Or i could try to find someone selling a Vita?

Or go to GameStop and literally test every Vita there? ($50 trade in value for my Vita) used there r like $140

Either way is to wait or drop money which sucks

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a ps TV do the same thing I'm trying to accomplish? How is the ps TV compared to PS Vita, do they run the same things as well? Can I remote play with a ps TV?

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can I do any hacking on 3.67? Getting confused online espcespeci with 3.68 release.

Will I be able to hack on 3.67? Or still have to have original 3.60(3.65enso)

I ask because I use it for remote play and want to update if I can't hack

Last edited by WOOO1234,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"