Hardware PS Vita Corrupt Memory Card Repair

Can a Corrupt PS Vita Memory Card be fixed?

• Total voters

iVirtualPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Corrupt 64gb Official Sony Memory card. I used to use it to install my PS Plus games it was almost filled. Until one day it stopped working. Every time i turn my Vita on with the 64gb card my Vita would not boot after the PS and warning logo and would get Blue Flashing Lights. I boot the Vita 1000 without the card and then insert but this time the Vita doesn't detect it, no reboot, nothing shows up on Content Manager nor QCMA. I tried formatting through the system settings and i get an error: C2-12828-1 i tried formatting through Safe Mode and it comes up with Memory Card not detected. I tried every other option on safe mode and no luck. I installed Henkaku to my Vita with a different card and tried looking for homebrew formatting tools for my Vita and could not find any. I remember having a format issue on my PSP which would fail to format my card due to the amount of content i had on the SD Card. The system just could not handle deleting all those games on my 200gb Micro SD. I think the Vita maybe having a similar issue and is unable format large chunks of space. Or the formatter just sucks which explains why other people are having similar issues with the 32gb and 64gb cards. So i'm wondering if there is a way to fix my Vita card or is there a way to connect it directly to the PC. I've seen a few replacement slot parts for the Vita online. So if i buy those and a micro sd to USB adaptor and desolder the micro sd slot on the USB adaptor and solder in a Vita Card slot. Directly connect it to the pc and format it. Can that be done?

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 930
  • USB-3-0-Micro-SDXC-SDHC-SD-Card-Reader-Kit-MicroSD-TF-T-Flash-Card-USB.jpg
    USB-3-0-Micro-SDXC-SDHC-SD-Card-Reader-Kit-MicroSD-TF-T-Flash-Card-USB.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 584
  • s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 452
Last edited by iVirtualPlays,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your memory card might be dead if it is not detected, under Henkaku there is the option of unlinking Memory Card, not sure if unlinking can help you much. You can try to use Storagemgr to if the Memory card shows up as uma0 by leaving the SD2Vita or PSVSD if you have those as ux0.

iVirtualPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your memory card might be dead if it is not detected, under Henkaku there is the option of unlinking Memory Card, not sure if unlinking can help you much. You can try to use Storagemgr to if the Memory card shows up as uma0 by leaving the SD2Vita or PSVSD if you have those as ux0.
My PS Vita is the first model, my 64gb Card is stock it only has PS Plus Games. My 8gb card has the hack installed on it. So i guese i will be needing SD2Vita.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS Vita is the first model, my 64gb Card is stock it only has PS Plus Games. My 8gb card has the hack installed on it. So i gues i being needing SD2Vita.

I think you have to unlink the 8GB if you want to use the 64GB, I believe the system only allow you to link on Sony Memory can at a time, having a SD2Vita or PSVSD allow you to set them as ux0 and see if the sony card show up as uma0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then again you can't run game off the 64GB Sony Memory card if you set it as uma0, only stuff you can do on it is like rom and psp games.

iVirtualPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you have to unlink the 8GB if you want to use the 64GB, I believe the system only allow you to link on Sony Memory can at a time, having a SD2Vita or PSVSD allow you to set them as ux0 and see if the sony card show up as uma0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then again you can't run game off the 64GB Sony Memory card if you set it as uma0, only stuff you can do on it is like rom and psp games.
I have already unlinked my card as soon as i hacked my system with Hencore. I just don't have a Vita 2000 or an extra Micro SD laying around i guess that's another method i will be trying thanks for letting me know.

So in basic terms
I set up SD2Vita
insert my 64gb Vita card
and run the necessary tools to format it

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already unlinked my card as soon as i hacked my system with Hencore. I just don't have a Vita 2000 or an extra Micro SD laying around i guess that's another method i will be trying thanks for letting me know.

So in basic terms
I set up SD2Vita
insert my 64gb card
and run the necessary tools

Well what you can do is use the 200GB Micro SD on the SD2Vita as ux0 and the Sony 64GB as uma0 via the Storagemgr plugin. Then copy all the copy off the Sony 64GB and put it on the 200GB that is one way to get the game to run while having spare 64GB space, another way is just to redownload but you lose your save if you don't move them.

https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/PSVita-StorageMgr

iVirtualPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually got an extra 32gb micro in my Pi case will use that instead. I will post an update on this thread in a few hours. Hopefully, it can also help others if successful Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed +3