Hacking PS VITA 3.36

xRenx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I bought the new Ps vita slim and I really wanna play my psp games that are orginally my brother's
and is there any way to play it.. and if I hacked it will it be safe and could I still play games on the Ps vita/psp??
my vita is 3.36

and thank you =)

D

Deleted-355425

on 3.36 your only option to play psp backups is to install the latest VHBL exploit via either patapon 1 or patapon 2 purchased from the PSN store, id eb quick though because they will pull them im guessing monday, release a new firmware then bring the games back to buy so you have to update to get them unless you have a PS3 to transfer the games over when ever.

http://wololo.net/2015/01/23/the-next-upcoming-exploit-game-for-ps-vita-firmware-3-36-is/
get this going, then you need to use the bubble hack, this will let you create a bubble to launch a psp game with.

If you had firmware 3.18 or lower you could of installed a eCFW and played what ever PSP and PS1 roms from a nice menu.

Reactions: purupuru and xRenx

xRenx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
on 3.36 your only option to play psp backups is to install the latest VHBL exploit via either patapon 1 or patapon 2 purchased from the PSN store, id eb quick though because they will pull them im guessing monday, release a new firmware then bring the games back to buy so you have to update to get them unless you have a PS3 to transfer the games over when ever.

http://wololo.net/2015/01/23/the-next-upcoming-exploit-game-for-ps-vita-firmware-3-36-is/
get this going, then you need to use the bubble hack, this will let you create a bubble to launch a psp game with.

If you had firmware 3.18 or lower you could of installed a eCFW and played what ever PSP and PS1 roms from a nice menu.

That was really Helpful thank you so much:yaypsp:

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have my walking dead "phat" vita @ 3.15 and am leaving it there. Ordered a borderlands 2 bundle(WTH same price as a loose wifi?!) that I'll probably use as I see that you can have 2 vitas linked to a psn account.

I missed the 3.36 exploits, and am glad that I did now that I see no sound?! WTH?! that's not a cfw! (and yes I really only care about psp and more psx for that as I have a ton of psx games not available in the store that I'd like to play fairly well portably which I can't do atm and yes the sound is important... IME newer games have crappier sound than older games anyways or are just lacking in it to begin with(corners cut to keep costs down apparently along with jettisoning printed manuals in retail ?! WTH?!)

[EDIT]
Actually I wish that I had left it alone as IIRC it shipped with 2.0.6 or some other crazy LOW vita fw to begin with...
[/EDIT]

D

Deleted-355425

Well, I have my walking dead "phat" vita @ 3.15 and am leaving it there. Ordered a borderlands 2 bundle(WTH same price as a loose wifi?!) that I'll probably use as I see that you can have 2 vitas linked to a psn account.

I missed the 3.36 exploits, and am glad that I did now that I see no sound?! WTH?! that's not a cfw! (and yes I really only care about psp and more psx for that as I have a ton of psx games not available in the store that I'd like to play fairly well portably which I can't do atm and yes the sound is important... IME newer games have crappier sound than older games anyways or are just lacking in it to begin with(corners cut to keep costs down apparently along with jettisoning printed manuals in retail ?! WTH?!)

[EDIT]
Actually I wish that I had left it alone as IIRC it shipped with 2.0.6 or some other crazy LOW vita fw to begin with...
[/EDIT]

Sony remove the exploited games until they bring out a firmware to fix the games issue, they don't patch games themselves, just firmware. Once the firmware is out to fix it then they bring back the exploit game to the PSN maketplace.... that's where you use a PS3 and a trick to send over the exploit game you have just purchased now its back in the store... you wont even need to upgrade your vita to launch or install that game :)

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony remove the exploited games until they bring out a firmware to fix the games issue, they don't patch games themselves, just firmware. Once the firmware is out to fix it then they bring back the exploit game to the PSN maketplace.... that's where you use a PS3 and a trick to send over the exploit game you have just purchased now its back in the store... you wont even need to upgrade your vita to launch or install that game :)
You're missing the point:
No PS3, and no reason to want/buy one merely to transfer a SINGLE file. When I'm at home I'll play superior pc games on more open hardware that I built myself(well assembled) or on my notebooks when applicable away o.w. it's the handhelds. Although wiiu gets a pass for skipping chasing pc power in the console segment and focusing more on classic console type games rather than trying to chase pc power and consolejacking pc games in a way that ends up making them utter crap, or in more recent games just demonstrating the vast gulf GAPING CHASM between the last several generations of consoles and even a VERY modest desktop plus discrete GPU.

...and...

In the retail cart case, what I mean is all I see are store game exploits. No retail cart game exploit similar to say, oh cubic ninja(ninjhack) for the 3DS or any of the multiplicity of v/wii retail games hacks for wiis/us. In my VERY brief searching this afternoon I've yet to turn up anything about using retail carts for hacking the vita, which seems ... odd ... are the store games actually psp games then? even though the store lists vita?

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i can going store without update ?
:hrth::gun::nayps3::whip::wtf::wacko:

Anyways, since I had my fun with WTF you want to call those things this week, is it really worth spending ~$120 on what amounts to a special cable? (i.e. buying some used ps3 off ebay or whereever just to xfer one single game?)

Reactions: SLiV3R
D

Deleted-355425

You're missing the point:
No PS3, and no reason to want/buy one merely to transfer a SINGLE file. When I'm at home I'll play superior pc games on more open hardware that I built myself(well assembled) or on my notebooks when applicable away o.w. it's the handhelds. Although wiiu gets a pass for skipping chasing pc power in the console segment and focusing more on classic console type games rather than trying to chase pc power and consolejacking pc games in a way that ends up making them utter crap, or in more recent games just demonstrating the vast gulf GAPING CHASM between the last several generations of consoles and even a VERY modest desktop plus discrete GPU.

...and...

In the retail cart case, what I mean is all I see are store game exploits. No retail cart game exploit similar to say, oh cubic ninja(ninjhack) for the 3DS or any of the multiplicity of v/wii retail games hacks for wiis/us. In my VERY brief searching this afternoon I've yet to turn up anything about using retail carts for hacking the vita, which seems ... odd ... are the store games actually psp games then? even though the store lists vita?

I stopped reading at pc master race, - yawn.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped reading at pc master race, - yawn.
well goody for you, you knowledgeable but denying reddite you...

[EDIT]
You DO realize that IF steamboxen ever come out officially that consoles are doomed right? Or at least the M$ and $ony consoles...
[/EDIT]

D

Deleted-355425

[EDIT]
You DO realize that IF steamboxen ever come out officially that consoles are doomed right? Or at least the M$ and $ony consoles...
[/EDIT]

Why does you buy a vita if you have you wanna be steambox masterhate gaming pc? Steam box is a wanna be xbox, glad to see pc 'trying' to compete with console for once. That's where the money's at :)

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country

[EDIT]
[/EDIT]

Why does you buy a vita if you have you wanna be steambox masterhate gaming pc? Steam box is a wanna be xbox, glad to see pc 'trying' to compete with console for once. That's where the money's at :)

Steambox is more or less a glorified PC. It won't kill off Sony and Microsoft consoles and it is nothing like an Xbox. It's basically a branded high end PC just like any Alienware or DELL computer.

D

Deleted-355425

Steambox is more or less a glorified PC. It won't kill off Sony and Microsoft consoles and it is nothing like an Xbox. It's basically a branded high end PC just like any Alienware or DELL computer.

Agreed, plus it's coming with a console Controller! It's going to be funny to watch the master race trying to use a controller for the first time.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

[EDIT]
[/EDIT]

Alienware Alpha...that is all.

Also? ...to the above... Steambox IS A PC. IT'S COMPUTER HARDWARE. You can upgrade and swap parts out.. It's not a "glorified PC".. It is a fullblown computer.. You can even choose to install Windows on it.. FFS

I game on the couch with my PC. My Xbox is hardly touched anymore, unless I'm playing with my Fiancee. Even then... Split screen gaming is dying anyway... and paying to play online makes me gag..

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a steambox in essence in a low-mid range desktop. Most $ony and M$ console titles are truly consolejacked PC titles which would only benefit by the superior CPU and GPU offered by those theoretical steamboxes.

but that's the end of this offtopic... you realize that for what you paid for your $ony or M$ consoles that you COULD have built a VERY nice desktop/"pseudo" portable right? AND that you'd have access to 99.99999% of those said "console" games although many suffer in their consolization and the limitations imposed by the last several generations of consoles that are in some feeble way STILL attempting to compete with their MUCH more accomplished AND CHEAPER bretheren.

However IF you wish to continue to throw away $$$ have at it... but static TV consoles are dead or at least the "walking" dead.

[EDIT]
I suggest that ANY further discussion of this be moved to it's own thread so as to NOT threadjack this one, capiche?
[/EDIT]

D

Deleted-355425

a steambox in essence in a low-mid range desktop. Most $ony and M$ console titles are truly consolejacked PC titles which would only benefit by the superior CPU and GPU offered by those theoretical steamboxes.

but that's the end of this offtopic... you realize that for what you paid for your $ony or M$ consoles that you COULD have built a VERY nice desktop/"pseudo" portable right? AND that you'd have access to 99.99999% of those said "console" games although many suffer in their consolization and the limitations imposed by the last several generations of consoles that are in some feeble way STILL attempting to compete with their MUCH more accomplished AND CHEAPER bretheren.

However IF you wish to continue to throw away $$$ have at it... but static TV consoles are dead or at least the "walking" dead.

[EDIT]
I suggest that ANY further discussion of this be moved to it's own thread so as to NOT threadjack this one, capiche?
[/EDIT]

You are the one that derailed the thread lol, think I will sit on my comfy sofa and play my xbox and ps on my Big ass 50" led tv, I work in electronics for living and let me to you, pc components are ripping you master race users off lol, keep spending £500+ on one component to keep the rest of the decent stuff dirt cheap for us normal race rolling in the money :)

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are the one that derailed the thread lol, think I will sit on my comfy sofa and play my xbox and ps on my Big ass 50" led tv, I work in electronics for living and let me to you, pc components are ripping you master race users off lol, keep spending £500+ on one component to keep the rest of the decent stuff dirt cheap for us normal race rolling in the money :)
WTF?! :wacko:

Either way the slim vita came in, borderlands pack unfortunately 3.35, so it's the use for now Vita -> 3.36.

Enjoy your 50" TV?!(WTF?! Talk about "components" you language challenged whatever you are...), and well since we're in a pissing match let me know once you advance beyond an associates degree in fantasy tech as I haven't seen so much broken technobabble in one place in quite some time. Quite clearly your country flag is incorrect or the english have dropped their immigration standards yet again...

D

Deleted-355425

WTF?! :wacko:

Either way the slim vita came in, borderlands pack unfortunately 3.35, so it's the use for now Vita -> 3.36.

Enjoy your 50" TV?!(WTF?! Talk about "components" you language challenged whatever you are...), and well since we're in a pissing match let me know once you advance beyond an associates degree in fantasy tech as I haven't seen so much broken technobabble in one place in quite some time. Quite clearly your country flag is incorrect or the english have dropped their immigration standards yet again...

Personal insults, how mature.. I will chalk this down to 1 - 0 to Me, welcome to ignore.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
Also? ...to the above... Steambox IS A PC. IT'S COMPUTER HARDWARE. You can upgrade and swap parts out.. It's not a "glorified PC".. It is a fullblown computer.. You can even choose to install Windows on it.. FFS

You do know that PC means Personal Computer, right? I never said you couldn't swap out the parts. I just said that it is a branded PC, as in something that you do not build yourself from scratch. Of course I am fully aware that you can install Windows on it if you want. I never said otherwise. That is what makes it a glorified PC. You can buy the parts and a case seperately and put it together yourself for a more cheaper and better experience than a Steambox.

D

Deleted-355425

You do know that PC means Personal Computer, right? I never said you couldn't swap out the parts. I just said that it is a branded PC, as in something that you do not build yourself from scratch. Of course I am fully aware that you can install Windows on it if you want. I never said otherwise. That is what makes it a glorified PC. You can buy the parts and a case seperately and put it together yourself for a more cheaper and better experience than a Steambox.

you just know they will charge a premium on top of the parts to go in the steambox lol.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise