PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
gisel213 said:
Anybody else see a conspiracy theory here??? I mean no complaints here i took the plunge and preordered yeah!!!

But Look at the name JailBreak... Geohot's type of work...

He said he was not like Dark Alex.... now we see this????

He also said he handed secrets/code to trusted AP ps3devs... and said there may be something near september homebrew wise... yeah sure

Then the ps3 devs said the same thing but these devs are not ones from ps3news either..... then all of a sudden i quit i close up shop and no more
hacking on iphone or ps3....

Now close to september we have something finally after 4 years confirmed believe it or not it works....

10 to 1 he's probaly cashing in on all these or got a big ass lumpsum of money like he did when he was contracted like 10,000 dollars or something
to crack some newer phone back then.....

My question is if the phone software and method was free why cash in on the ps3... hey i bought it worth 150 in the long run.... anyone else who preordered
what do you think?????

Wow how much tin foil is on your head to make all those kinds of connections. You must live in an interesting world.

Join me I'm high all the time.... I AM THE GHOST FLOAT WIT ME...
rofl.gif

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
gisel213 said:
gifi4 said:
gisel213 said:
Anybody else see a conspiracy theory here??? I mean no complaints here i took the plunge and preordered yeah!!!

But Look at the name JailBreak... Geohot's type of work...

He said he was not like Dark Alex.... now we see this????

He also said he handed secrets/code to trusted AP ps3devs... and said there may be something near september homebrew wise... yeah sure

Then the ps3 devs said the same thing but these devs are not ones from ps3news either..... then all of a sudden i quit i close up shop and no more
hacking on iphone or ps3....

Now close to september we have something finally after 4 years confirmed believe it or not it works....

10 to 1 he's probaly cashing in on all these or got a big ass lumpsum of money like he did when he was contracted like 10,000 dollars or something
to crack some newer phone back then.....

My question is if the phone software and method was free why cash in on the ps3... hey i bought it worth 150 in the long run.... anyone else who preordered
what do you think?????

why did u preorder it???, when sony updates the firmware you will have wasted how ever much you payed for it...

That's nice i have 3 PS3's dont hurt me much.... but think about what your saying this thing puts the console into debug mode meaning homebrew
like game patchers, fixes etc bypassing the need to update like patching a 360 iso or files.....

As for online i could care less... seriously it's overated...... Another reason i preordered it well i may get it before they try to stop the retailers later on
with court order's/cease and disist... so get it while you can that's my opinion....
nayps3.gif

Ive never gone online with my PS3..just to get firmware updates and thats it. I dont chat with anyone online (because no one that I know has a PS3) so I will not update. of course Sony will have some kind of firmware that they will release that will kill this thing..DUH, just like Apple releases updates to the Ipod to kill the jailbreak what do I do..NOT update..that simple..I'll stay on 3.31 for as long as I have my PS3 as long as I can play these backup games..but I was wondering, as far as updating the games itself(You know how with games there are sometimes updates) will that still work or no
iphone and itouch and ipad 4.0 is hackable http://www.jailbreakme.com/faq.html

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Also, it's say that if the game has a file over 4 gigs, it can't rip it. So if somebody rips it onto an internal drive and puts it online, you can download it and put it on your external from your computer.

Not true. The problem is that te FAT filesystem doesn't allow for single files over 4gb (filesize is a 32 bit unsigned int). Thus, you can't store any file larger than 4 gigs. If they get NTFS working (or even better EXT3) then you should be able to store any game.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
gisel213 said:
I just switched from vista to ubuntu to try that crap under WINE and it definatly disapears when opening definatly a trojan.... but no worries
Linux rulz....

The app in the vid could be real and the person could be a sony employee tryin to fuck us all up... but that file is certanly not the app in the
vid,,,,,
I see switching to Ubuntu didn't make you any smarter, what you see in that vid is a simple Visual Basic program any kid could program.
He didn't even take the time to compile it first.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I will repeat this for the 3rd time or so

Does anyone know anything about this PS Jailbreak Team and.or who they are affialted or does like and popular DEV know who they are. Im sure they are just using this name as an alias, jsut in case things clean if it gets dirty and they dnt wanna harm their real team name.

I dunno, im not skeptical about this at all, its as real as the air around us.

The boot can probably be fixed (sony aren't nintendo douches, they know how to code and fix); even though a hardware revision will be needed (PSP/Pandora, later mobos dnt work anymore, etc.)

This leaked SDK is gna make problems, i read through since my last post , i still haven't seen a confirmation that it is legal ( can anyone confirm at this pt that it is or isn't ?)

whatever it is, there has been some sell-outs for this to be leaked, and i wouldn't be alarmed if we see some shit going down at sony soon; but then again nothing was done about the pandora.

also speaking of sony, any news reactions ?

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perkele said:
gisel213 said:
I just switched from vista to ubuntu to try that crap under WINE and it definatly disapears when opening definatly a trojan.... but no worries
Linux rulz....

The app in the vid could be real and the person could be a sony employee tryin to fuck us all up... but that file is certanly not the app in the
vid,,,,,
I see switching to Ubuntu didn't make you any smarter, what you see in that vid is a simple Visual Basic program any kid could program.

Ouch atleast i didnt catch a virus from it....

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
dammit,been 2 days offline and look what happens, never gonna be offline again
biggrin.gif
i must pass through all pages of comments, but I surely hope its for real.. and hoping it'll be a bit cheaper.. off to read!

byy

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
perkele said:
gisel213 said:
Linux rulz....

vid,,,,,
What you expect someone who changes their OS to linux to suddenly gain a few IQ points?!

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
testatura said:
biggrin.gif
i must pass through all pages of comments, but I surely hope its for real.. and hoping it'll be a bit cheaper.. off to read!

byy

On several of the pages there are linked videos with proof this works. Gameplay and all.

Be sure to read it, it is VERY interesting!

I wonder if the files on the actual USB itself will be shared when people get their hands on this very different USB!

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
testatura said:
biggrin.gif

byy

On several of the pages there are linked videos with proof this works. Gameplay and all.

I wonder if the files on the actual USB itself will be shared when people get their hands on this very different USB!
No. It shows as an unknown device in Windows and device manager. It's just a 48-pin whatdoyacallit inside.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
raiderscrusade said:
testatura said:
biggrin.gif

byy

No. It shows as an unknown device in Windows and device manager. It's just a 48-pin whatdoyacallit inside.

Hm...

Any reasons as to why the PSJailBreak website offers a download to the manager.pkg file?

If Windows can't read the USB, whats the point providing a download to the manager.pkg file?

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
Hm...

Any reasons as to why the PSJailBreak website offers a download to the manager.pkg file?

If Windows can't read the USB, whats the point providing a download to the manager.pkg file?
You didn't read all the posts did you?
The package is not ran on the USB, it is ran on the PS3 to backup the discs, the USB makes this possible by changing it to debug mode or something.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
Hm...

You put the manager.pkg onto a normal USB stick to load the backup manager program onto your PS3, but you still need the PSJailbreak dongle in to be able to install the backup manager from your normal USB stick onto your PS3.

EDIT: Antwill beat me!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Drugs.