Whiternoise

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
https://www.digipen.edu/?id=1170&proj=436

It's very polished and is basically as good as a commercial game. Runs fine on EDGE
smile.gif

index.php

QUOTE said:
Protista is an interactive toy where player-created creatures compete for supremacy of the Petri dish. Protista, an experiment in interactivity, challenges both the right and left sides of the brain. The creative side is unleashed to design and build an assortment of creatures in a full-featured creature editor. Protista tasks the analytic side to program the creatures with a graphical programming language. Then, the whole brain can sit back and watch its creations battle it out in a struggle of microscopic proportions. To Play Protista, you will need a DS and be able to download onto a chip!

* Clark Morse - Physics, race mode, and battle mode
* Corey Ross - Graphics, game framework, and creature editor
* Jonathan Bryant - Input, menu framework, and AI editor

Not quite a game then, but a complex creature simulator and this is certainly one of the most professional looking homebrew games i've seen on the DS.

Another image:
index.php

Just to be clear, i searched gbatemp for protista and nothing came up, so i assume it's unknown!

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's interesting in a tech temo sense. The battle and race attempts to attach gameplay onto it is lacking. Could use some button shortcuts and refinements in the editor (Hold A to multiple select? While you're holding the stylus? Is the developer left handed?). But the price is right, so one can't complain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended