Hacking [ProTip] Exiting SSB without leaving GatewayMode/EmuNAND

Dont Worry About it

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you might know, if you quit SSB through the home menu, the system will restart in sysNAND, which can make playing the game kind of annoying. If you hit home and instead of quitting, run a CIA game from the home menu, the other game will launch, and quitting from there will bring you back to Gateway mode. Since the only way to save a .3ds rom is to exit the game through the home menu, I HIGHLY recommend installing SSB as a CIA game.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
As you might know, if you quit SSB through the home menu, the system will restart in sysNAND, which can make playing the game kind of annoying. If you hit home and instead of quitting, run a CIA game from the home menu, the other game will launch, and quitting from there will bring you back to Gateway mode. Since the only way to save a .3ds rom is to exit the game through the home menu, I HIGHLY recommend installing SSB as a CIA game.
If we install it as CIA, what happens? We jump to another CIA or.. CIA saves are diff?

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You can just press the home button and select any other app like the camera for example and it will not exit back to SysNAND.

and no its a card1 type, the whole exit to to home menu to save thing was removed when omega came out iirc.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exit to save is still present.
only Card2 type are using "real time saving" to write directly in the ROM file.

Card1 still require a Home+exit or Home+load_another_title to export the save to file.
Card1 re-use internal save if you launch the same game than last played game (if you power off/shutdown without exiting, running last played game is fine)
It replace internal save if you play a different game. don't launch a different Card1 game after a hard shutdown or you'll lose your progress.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

Card1 still require a Home+exit or Home+load_another_title to export the save to file.
Card1 re-use internal save if you launch the same game than last played game (if you power off/shutdown without exiting, running last played game is fine)
It replace internal save if you play a different game. don't launch a different Card1 game after a hard shutdown or you'll lose your progress.

Ah so its still there, well still changing from from SSB to camera or some other non game app is a proper solution for this.

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country

Interesting. Good to know! :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my camera app doesn't work and crashes. I tried launching BBB as it exits quickly but since it doesn't have a save not sure if it forces SSB save.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just found this out after i quit my legit eshop copy of the game

speaking of legit eshop games, should i play them in gateway mode or classic mode? or does it not matter

For all intents and purposes, you should technically play them in classic mode, seeing as that is more or less emulation of a legitimate system, and doesn't have any gateway pseudo-saves/gatewaymode menu injection, etc.

Technically speaking though, it shouldn't matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.