Hacking Proper VC releases

• Thread starter auroreon
  • Start date
  • Views 2,474
  • Replies 9
A

auroreon

OP
Hey, I've been seeing a few VC releases around marked as proper.
Anyone have any idea why these are proper? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the releases that aren't proper.

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to see proper ones
so far most wads I have doenloaded names have changed but they have been from the same origin
date and time created checksums etc if i find these proper ones I check them agianst others

I do have a few that differ and I am checking tickets etc see if one differs or just a dif dump

A

auroreon

OP
Sara said:
proper ticket names, i.e. same ticket that gets installed when/if you buy it from wii shop

That makes sense, I looked into it and found a proper release of Donkey Kong Country by BlaZe and in the NFO they claim that all the wads that are not packed by the blaZe wad packer are packed with an incorrect ticket. This would explain why some people are saying they cannot download the titles from the Wiishop after removing them from the wii system memory normally (without using the wad uninstaller).

Personally I have only tried downloading one title from the shop and that was Donkey Kong Jr. which is a BlaZe release, it downloaded and installed fine... no error. This leads me to believe that all the VC releases tht were not packed with the blaZe wad packer (most of em') have an incorrect ticket, and therefore cannot be downloaded from the Wiishop if they are erased.
Anyone else willing to test this theory by trying to delete and then download titles from the shop?

The only releases marked as proper out there that I can find are...
The 4 games first released by blaZe which are: Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Adventure, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Jr.
The only others I have found are: Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi Story, Paper Mario and Kid Icarus, all marked as proper.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NO vc release has the proper ticket. if the ticket was identical to the one from the shop, then the game could not be installed on any other wii. they ALL show up as "fake" due to the trucha signature. nintendo simply doesn't have a check against them YET.

A

auroreon

OP
Arakon said:
if the ticket was identical to the one from the shop, then the game could not be installed on any other wii.

VC releases have a set ticket in the Wiishop. If you download a VC game from the Wiishop onto two Wii's, totally legit, then copy it to your SD card from one Wii, and erase it on the other Wii, you can then copy it from the SD Card onto the Wii you erased the game from thus transfering it from one Wii to another. You can copy VC games from SD card to someone elses Wii, as long as their console has the ticket for that game.

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought they would have the proper ticket due to the ticket just being the identifier that gets used when being installed and checked against when using the Wii Shop. That's why you could download the game from the Wii Shop. The game's signature will be bad but the ticket will be correct as everyones signature should be different but I'm guessing that trucha uses some kind of bug that lets any console think its a legit signature.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you know when a vc release is proper when you can remove it using the wii menu and then redownload it from the wii shopping channel without it giving some error.

after alot of testing i can say that only the 5 blaze releases are proper.

the rest (99%) is not able to be redownloaded.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
lenselijer said:
you know when a vc release is proper when you can remove it using the wii menu and then redownload it from the wii shopping channel without it giving some error.

after alot of testing i can say that only the 5 blaze releases are proper.

the rest (99%) is not able to be redownloaded.

That's not really true, there are lots of repacked ones that are "proper", but it doens't really matter if they are or not, why would you bother redownloading from nintendo server when u can have it on your sd/pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill