Proper Pokemon save sizes?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by raptir, Apr 1, 2010.

1. raptir
    OP

raptir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    So, I'm using an Acekard 2i. When I played Pokemon Platinum on my DSTT, it used a 1MB save file. On the Acekard (AKAIO), it uses a 512kB save. Which is correct? Also, while we're at it, what's the proper save size for HG/SS? Thanks.

2. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Even I would like to know this. If someone could please enlighten us. I have an original R4 with the latest YSMenu, and I have the rom with Rudolph's patch. Currently, it's working just fine, and I just got my second badge.

I have been hearing quite a lot that a Pokemon save file should be around 1 mb, but mine is just 512 kb.

Is there going to be any problem if I continue playing ? or do I need to fix something before going ahead with the story. I wouldn't wanna go ahead with this if it just ends up getting corrupted somewhere in the middle of the story [​IMG]

Please let us know what this whole 1 MB thing is about.

3. azure0wind

azure0wind GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2009
    Indonesia
    HGSS use 512 kb save files
    Platinum, on my EDGE = 1mb but in akAIO = 512 kb (forgot)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice