Homebrew Proper HDD to use in wii (2019)

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to buy a new external hdd to use with wii, among other uses, I've sold my 1tb samsung one. The price per gigabyte in my country is best at 4tb size, so i've decided to get one of that, but, i have some concerns.

Some time ago (2012 ish) i remeber only fat32 with cluster size of 32k is good to use with wii, but i want to use my hd to store other personal things (large files with 10gb+)

So,

1) nintendont, homebrews like emulators and others will recognize ntfs drives that large 4tb?
2) partitioning on wii is any good, or still depends on the homebrew?
3) which of you have 4tb drives and are a in situation like this one.

Thanks in advance

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) nintendont, homebrews like emulators and others will recognize ntfs drives that large 4tb?
The vast majority of homebrews, Nintendont included, only support FAT16/32; in fact only USB loaders really support NTFS/ext2 (and CIOS, only because they use a filesystem-independent method for disc game images)

You can make a (first) partition for Wii and other ones for other uses, it will work for most stuff, but MBR is not ideal for (most) discs larger than 2 TB

Indirect alternatives are buying an used disk locally, or using only a SD if you don't insist on having hundreds of Wii games at once :)

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well ill be using snes, genplus, wiixplorer, nintendont, fceultra, gcmm, savegame manager, mmm...

Will try the partitioning method

Enviado de meu LG-H326 usando o Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-