Gaming Project Zero 2 Wii Edition Undubbing

Kuro666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm trying to undub the game, but that's not so easy near the end. I have successfully replaced all dialogue voices and movies, that is easy, right.
What's giving me, and anyone else who tried to do it, problems is the sound effects, which, by who knows who's will have battle voices, and all the stray voices(like voice when Mio bumps into Mayu). The game won't just work with them, even if you replace only one or two files, or will crash at some points in the game, as far as I've tested using saves I made. Can't really say why, I don't understand the file format of those, and I have no idea what are they(and the internet doesn't give me any tips). I've seen a couple of "undub" labeled isos on the net, but those also have the english sound effects.
I know many people knowledgeable in programming, reversing and such visit GBAtemp, so I would like to request some help here.
If you have any knowledge in hacking and anything related to opening gods-know-what-kind-of-files, please give me a word, I'll give you the files in question(they're only 44.9 mb total in japanese version, and 44.2 in english one, so I even suspected they might not be any kind of sound file, but files that redirect the game to some other place, but that "place" is unfound). I might also say that Xbox1 version of the game uses the same file format for the files in question, but without any doubts, they are different inside, that can be seen plainly looking at them through HEX-editor. Though, I didn't have any trouble with Xbox1 version, just replacing the files worked fine.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Any progress on undubbing the sound effects and is there an .rsid file in the iso?
The Last Story has one and it had to be edited with excel to fix the crashes on the undub.

Kuro666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there's no .rsid file in the files.
I haven't made any progress, since I just have no idea what to do with such cases. I've tried replacing various files, found which files correspond to what, but that doesn't really help, the game still either crashes upon entering the room where you get the camera, or doesn't boot at all.
Have no idea where could the problem lie.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Try contacting asmodean to see if he can help.
Probably hints since he doesn't want to do anything related with the Wii. :ninja:

Kuro666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda understand him, lol. I've done a few private undubs for Wii(2, to be exact), and seen nothing but trouble with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-