Project Hacker Font problems.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Noitora, Mar 13, 2008.

Mar 13, 2008
  1. Noitora
    OP

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I translated some text from Japanese to English but now the English text won't show up.I looked the font files with TilEd but I couldn't find do anything.I was planning to release a translation patch after some time but now I can do nothing...
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. Dominator

Member Dominator the world end without you

France
    i think the QWERTY charactere (i don't know teh real name) are not inserted, wait a deufeufeu feedback..... i think he know what is the probleme

3. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    I glanced at the files, the shift-jis charset is not fully mapped, especially the lowest part mirroring ascii. But it does not mean you can't input english character, you just have to use the mirroring of the english letters in the upper sjis charset.
    If you're not a charset guru (I'm ashamed of being one...) standard letter 'W', mirrored version '?' (in utf-8 here).
    In this page http://www.rikai.com/library/kanjitables/k...odes.sjis.shtml you can find the character. You can either copy paste them or use the 16 bit code.

It seems we can extend the font file, but it's not clear if can use single byte character (ascii), because the game might hardcode the fact that every characters is on two bytes. For jump ultimate stars for example, I was able to fully map the ascii charset on one byte, but for final fantasy tactics A2 I was forced to used two bytes and it has lead to memory issues (which was solved by doing a pair character encoding).

Hope this helps.

4. Noitora
    OP

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    Thanks deufeufeu you're awesome [​IMG]