Hacking Progressive Web Apps? Device agnostic apps

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if this means anything for the xbox one homebrew community, but I like to update the community with everything I know of.

So basically, there is a new kind of apps called Progressive Web Apps, Here is what makes these apps unique:

1. They can run on browser only with the full functionality of a regular app.

2. They are device agnostic (can run on multiple platforms)

3. They do not require a store to be downloaded.

You can read about them yourself: https://www.infoworld.com/article/3...reasons-to-develop-a-progressive-web-app.html

Please update me if I said something incorrect.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if this means anything for the xbox one homebrew community, but I like to update the community with everything I know of.

So basically, there is a new kind of apps called Progressive Web Apps, Here is what makes these apps unique:

1. They can run on browser only with the full functionality of a regular app.

2. They are device agnostic (can run on multiple platforms)

3. They do not require a store to be downloaded.

You can read about them yourself: https://www.infoworld.com/article/3...reasons-to-develop-a-progressive-web-app.html

Please update me if I said something incorrect.

I mean it's cool and everything don't get me wrong but I don't really see people getting into the scene thinking "Oh boy Now I can finally have Progressive Web Apps on my Xbox One Console How Cool". lol

No most folks are like "Wow Now I can relieve my childhood thanks to all these emulators" Or "Wow that homebrew game looks dope I wanna download it and try it out".

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds just a buzzword for things browser already did for years, such as Javascript arbitrary code execution (without confimation to my dissatisfaction) and dynamic layout based on window size?

Reactions: wiired24

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well for dev
I mean it's cool and everything don't get me wrong but I don't really see people getting into the scene thinking "Oh boy Now I can finally have Progressive Web Apps on my Xbox One Console How Cool". lol

No most folks are like "Wow Now I can relieve my childhood thanks to all these emulators" Or "Wow that homebrew game looks dope I wanna download it and try it out".

Blast processing

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.