Hacking Professor Layton and the Non-Functional Rom

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm using a Supercard DSOne, and I just got the rom of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. It starts working well on my flashcart, but after the first "unsolved mysteries" page closes, I just get a black screen. I hear other people have had this problem, and I'd like advice on how to solve it without buying a new flashcart. I'm broke at the moment, and I don't want to get a new flashcart until the 3DS comes out.

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I have the latest firmware, but my card never came with the automatic updater, and I don't want to buy one.

I've looked for a patch, but I can't seem to find one. Any sites that seem to have a patch, google blocks due to malware protection. I don't think I want to take the risk.

I'll try DLing a clean version. I hear there was a trimmed version by Venom, and a clean one by NukeThis. I'll try both of them.

I haven't formatted my card in a while. What format should it be in?

EDIT: It was my rom. Apparently, it wasn't a clean dump. I have fixed the problem. This topic can be safely locked. Thanks for your advice, squirrelman!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw