Professor Layton and the Non-Functional Rom

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by movezig, Sep 19, 2010.

1. movezig
    OP

movezig Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2008
    United States
    Hey. I'm using a Supercard DSOne, and I just got the rom of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. It starts working well on my flashcart, but after the first "unsolved mysteries" page closes, I just get a black screen. I hear other people have had this problem, and I'd like advice on how to solve it without buying a new flashcart. I'm broke at the moment, and I don't want to get a new flashcart until the 3DS comes out.

2. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    first off are you on the latest
    EOS sp5?

have you looked for a patch to the game?

have you tried downloading a cleaner version of the game?

have you recently formatted your sd card?

3. movezig
    OP

movezig Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2008
    United States
    I don't know if I have the latest firmware, but my card never came with the automatic updater, and I don't want to buy one.

I've looked for a patch, but I can't seem to find one. Any sites that seem to have a patch, google blocks due to malware protection. I don't think I want to take the risk.

I'll try DLing a clean version. I hear there was a trimmed version by Venom, and a clean one by NukeThis. I'll try both of them.

I haven't formatted my card in a while. What format should it be in?

EDIT: It was my rom. Apparently, it wasn't a clean dump. I have fixed the problem. This topic can be safely locked. Thanks for your advice, squirrelman!